2006 Toyota Matrix - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:
my wife loves it!!
By terry jenkins on 01/23/06 02:25 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

well with about 1k miles on it now and 6 weeks of ownership, we are real happy with our choice! the matrix handle well, gets excellent gas mileage and seems to be a well engineered vehicle! in fact i found out that toyota uses the same oil filter on the 1.8 lt that they used on tha 2.2 lt in our camry we owned for 12 years and 200k.

A great vehicle
By mkol on 01/16/06 16:17 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Matrix XRS 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my XRS 2 days ago and I am already loving it and have no buyer's remorse. It is not as fast as I would hope that it would be, but I don't need it for racing anyway.

Comfort, Style, Affordable
By Albert Cirigliano on 01/13/06 12:07 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The car rides smoothly. It's good on gas. It is roomy inside, with a large storage capacity.

Nice little car
By 1st Toyotabuyer on 01/08/06 04:05 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Matrix 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

With just a little over 1,000 miles on the odometer am getting about 27 mpg average. This is a nice quiet little car and seats five easily. Runs smooth and handles well. I like the cruise and all the power options. It does ride quite low to the ground, which is nice on clear dry roadways, but not for winter driving conditions. The AWD is fantastic. We can rely upon it to keep everything moving in slick conditions. I am hoping that the mpg will increase a little over time. But very satisfied so far.

Practical Ride
By MTC on 01/05/06 19:43 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Chose the Matrix for its AWD and price. We had a pretty bad winter in New England last year and the car performed well. The gas mileage is less to be desired for a car this size. So if you are using this car to commute, watch the needle. Also noticed an awful howling noise on windy days coming from around the side mirrors. Upgraded sound system and speakers are'nt worth the money, buy your own. I guess for the money small quirks come with the territory. Pros: AWD, cargo space, sporty looks, minimal time at the service dept. Cons: Fuel economy, horrible acceleration, wind and road noise, sound system.

Love this CUV
By ttboy on 01/04/06 18:18 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is a cross between a car & suv, and gives great mileage. This is my 3rd Toyota and I'm LOVIN' IT!

You just can't hate this vehicle.
By Alex on 01/02/06 03:30 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I did not like this car in the beginning. But ever since my wife bought one I just can't stop driving it. Where else can you find a reliable under 20K brand new vehicle (fully loaded) that can haul a 30+ inch tv and some, but still get 28 miles to the gallon. And with Toyota reliability and resale value, you really can't go wrong.

I LOVE this car!
By ohwise1 on 12/24/05 17:21 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Got the stability & traction control [had to wait 3 months for car], handles like a dream. 4" of snow fell not long after picking it up, no problems on hilly back roads. Nimble & stable, seats more supportive than ones in Camry I traded in, noise no worse either. No problem merging onto highways into traffic going over 60mph. Display lights need to be set up/down for night/day but that takes about a second, no big deal. Good gas mileage, good ride, lots of space, good little car. If you know how to drive, it will get up and go when needed. I got the auto but actually like the throaty growl it makes going up through the gears.

No regrets!!
By terry jenkins on 12/24/05 01:40 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The handling is precise, the engine responds well. I will buy a k&n filter soon to improve gas mileage and horse power the 5 speed is a blast to drive ! If the reliablity is typical Toyota then 200k from now I will still be smiling!!

Love it.
By Eddsmetz on 11/22/05 11:52 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I just purchased a 2006 Matrix XR. I love it. A great deal of interior room. Enough get up and go to get me places. Oh yeah, the gas mileage is fantastic!!!! I highly recommend this car. I could not be happier, okay, if it was free maybe.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.