2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:
Bargain matrix
By jack on 03/21/06 18:40 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Design of metal sometimes looks like something hit it. Only difficulty is pulling coins out of secondary coin holder because it's directly under hand brake. otherwise comfort and roominess, driving characteristics are a bargain for the money. Too bad didn't come with standard tape cassette player.

Great Buy...Most reliable car!
By mn1vikfan on 03/19/06 06:42 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The 2006 Toyota Matrix XR has been the best purchase I have ever made. I enjoy climbing into my Matrix and driving the busy streets of Chicago. I find its acceleration to be very impressive for a wagon its size. The shifting is very smooth. Most of all, I think I like the sharp, crisp handling of the 2006 Matrix XR. This car just has such attitude when driving a aggressive road. It seems to laugh at the competition. Overall, I give the Toyota Matrix XR a grade of A++! Great job Toyota, and keep up the good work with these new sharp looking models you are introducing. P.S.- Let me know if you need help test driving any models...I love these rides!

My Toyota
By D. Riddle on 03/14/06 20:27 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I had started out looking for a more fuel efficient SUV. I had never even heard of the Toyota Matrix. Went to the dealership to look at a Rav4. I found that the Matrix had more cargo space than the 2005 Rav4 I was looking at ... and was a more comfortable driving experience than the 2006 Rav4 that I was looking at. I am totally enjoying zipping around in this car. It feels solid and tight. More so than my old SUV. It sits higher than a sedan. I found a surprising fuel efficient option. Love it.

The cool BIG little car!
By Arlene Hudson on 03/11/06 18:52 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Toyota Matrix. This is my first small car. I have always owned trucks. This was not a difficult adjustment. I am so happy with my Matrix! Lots of headroom inside. I do not feel the squished feeling some small cars have. I am tall and I am very comfortable behind the wheel. The pick up is great. The ride is smooth. It handles easy. It's great looking! I am getting compliments on the styling all the time! I got caught in a blizzard and my front wheel drive plowed right through. Great little car! See you out there!

Terrific Car
By CWT on 03/11/06 14:43 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I staked out this specific vehicle with the options and found it at the local dealership, it had only been on the lot 3 days. Red, black interior; we added leather; all the feathers. My wife is short and is a teacher and she needed something that would accomodate her business needs along with a cool stylish and economical vehicle, this one made the grade.

Very Good
By MJ on 03/02/06 07:35 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I like my Matrix, however, I would like it even more if it came with a cruise control. It was the only 2006 on the lot, and at the time did not think it would matter. After owning one, I find that it does matter. Because it drives so smooth on the highway that before realizing it, I catch myself speeding. It would also be nice if it had an interrior dome light. All the other things it comes with are awesome! But without the cruise control and the interrior lights, I'm thinking about trading it in for one that has it. But looking around, it's amazing how having those two features jacks-up the price of the car way too much.

Great Car For Tall People
By Chip Rogers on 03/02/06 05:52 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The Matrix fits in well with our two car family (we have a Camery also), this is my primary car going to and from work. Gas mileage is very good. It is very convient to run around town with the kids. The kids like riding in it more then the Camry (who knows why).

Always good to go!
By frog on 02/24/06 14:38 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Just back from our first road trip to taos, all kinds of weather, rain, snow, ice everything. car performed beautifully as expected....fuel mileage ave. 34 mpg..interior was comfortable

My First Toyota
By Michael on 02/24/06 05:59 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Picked the Matrix because of its versatility and AWD. Decent room inside and Toyota quality all around, it just feels solid. So far so good with the AWD system on the snow. It handles pretty well and the sporty looks are a definite plus. I chose the silver streak color and after I blacked out the rear windows people are always coming up to me asking what kinda car is it.

Pretty good car overall
By Stefan on 02/11/06 09:05 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Fuel economy is great and I can carry lot of things in the back. Good exterior look. Reliable mechanics.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.