2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:
Expensive Regret
By Expensive Regret on 11/06/08 10:54 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XRS 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased this vehicle based on Toyota's reputation. Within 2 years of use I have spent around $3500 to fix repeat serpentine belts, 02 sensor, rotors, brakes (at 40,000 miles), 1 battery and whatever the other belts are for on this vehicle. This vehicle was purchased new and by an experienced, nonabusive driver. It now has 47000 miles mostly highway and I do not trust that I will not be stranded by this vehicle. I am waiting for the clutch / transmission to fail after reviewing other complaints filed by resentful consumers. I should have kept my jeep regardless of the high fuel cost.

Past my expectations
By really surprised on 05/04/08 19:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XRS 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Bought to save gas on average 32 miles to a gallon, like the 6 speed transmission, family loves loves interior layout. First Toyota ever purchased dealer and car still surprises me with the level of excellence shown. I usually drive a crew f250 super duty, I can park this Matrix any where! It handles great around turns and very quite till the moon roof opens.

Love My Matrix XRS
By J. Palmer on 02/24/08 10:19 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XRS 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car with 19,000 miles on it. At the time, I was unaware of the particulars of the XRS trim level. I liked the idea of a manual... bonus was that it is a 6-speed. It is the best of both worlds because I can haul the kids around, then my band equipment, then on the weekends unload it and cruise around town with a little power under me. Even with the extra power my, mostly highway, fuel economy is around 30 mpg. Have almost 50,000 miles and not even a hint of trouble. One of the best, most fun to drive cars that I have ever owned.

I love My Matrix XRS
By tiffyJ on 03/21/07 13:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XRS 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I fell in love with this car when it first came out. I saw it when I went to see a movie on the pre-movie commercials and fell in love and several years later I was still in love with it. I traded in my 99 4 door civic and I am so glad that I did!

Awesome Car
By JP on 11/05/06 16:59 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XRS 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I stumbled into this car and whoa, I love it. The best of both worlds... sports car mixed with reliabilty, utility, and fun. This car utilizes Toyota's 2zz-ge engine, and boy does it go. The 6-speed takes some getting use to, as does the tighter suspension, but once you feel comfortable, look out. I have a hard time no wanting to push this car everytime I drive it. It's perfect for me because I can haul my kids, my band equipment and still be able to feel like a kid putting the pedal to the metal every once and a while. I love it!!

Fun to drive
By What a car on 05/26/06 11:07 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XRS 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car its small fun to drive.The fuel economy is great.The interior is simple and nice the seats are soft.On are matrix xrs we did the TRD racing shocks the ride is firm we also did cross bars on the car because there was a lot of body roll. When geting on the gas pedal the car has a very hard time finding traction you think when toyota was building it they would of put a limited slip in it. But once you get passed that the car takes off once out of first gear and into second when you get over 61000RPM the second cam opens the car takes of. Its fun to drive easy to take care of and its fun to drive

Great to Own, drive, and Practical
By donger on 04/20/06 21:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XRS 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I owned a porsche 911sc and this thing is nearly as fun to drive but unlike the 911 you can drive it with 4 passengers and all their luggage. This car does everthing you want it to do, it can be a mule and a racehorse all at the same time. I looked at a lot of cars (civic Si, Impreza, mazda 3s) and this was the best in nearly every category; passenger space, speed and handling, reliability (can't beat the japanese), looks. If you are in the market for a car like this you HAVE to drive the matrix to make a fully informed decision. I drove my XRS across the country last summer(CA to PA), through 104 heat, rain for 12 hours at a time and my back wasn't sore and the car never missed a step.

A great vehicle
By mkol on 01/16/06 16:17 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XRS 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my XRS 2 days ago and I am already loving it and have no buyer's remorse. It is not as fast as I would hope that it would be, but I don't need it for racing anyway.

Fun to Drive
By Rico on 10/13/05 11:11 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XRS 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

The XRS model is just fun to drive. It moves when you need to move. The 6- speed is the way to go with this vehicle. Great steering that handles well.

Not really excited
By Threadbunny on 08/13/05 21:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XRS 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Traded in my 2003 Honda CRV for this car which does have much better gas mileage, but The hatch back is extremely small especially when hauling groceries and book bags. Outside scratches too easily despite having the protective clear coating applied. Standard is a little slow on the pick up. Inside is nice though. Seats are comfortable and does have nice leg room. Just not big enough for a family of 5.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.