Used 2006 Toyota Matrix XRS Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Matrix - Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:

Expensive Regret
By Expensive Regret

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XRS 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased this vehicle based on Toyota's reputation. Within 2 years of use I have spent around $3500 to fix repeat serpentine belts, 02 sensor, rotors, brakes (at 40,000 miles), 1 battery and whatever the other belts are for on this vehicle. This vehicle was purchased new and by an experienced, nonabusive driver. It now has 47000 miles mostly highway and I do not trust that I will not be stranded by this vehicle. I am waiting for the clutch / transmission to fail after reviewing other complaints filed by resentful consumers. I should have kept my jeep regardless of the high fuel cost.

Favorite Features

interior space

Past my expectations
By really surprised

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XRS 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Bought to save gas on average 32 miles to a gallon, like the 6 speed transmission, family loves loves interior layout. First Toyota ever purchased dealer and car still surprises me with the level of excellence shown. I usually drive a crew f250 super duty, I can park this Matrix any where! It handles great around turns and very quite till the moon roof opens.

Favorite Features

6 speed, interior layout, moon roof, handling, comfortable, fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

Better stereo, I have the jbl 6 disk, but no mp3 input or player.

Love My Matrix XRS
By J. Palmer

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XRS 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car with 19,000 miles on it. At the time, I was unaware of the particulars of the XRS trim level. I liked the idea of a manual... bonus was that it is a 6-speed. It is the best of both worlds because I can haul the kids around, then my band equipment, then on the weekends unload it and cruise around town with a little power under me. Even with the extra power my, mostly highway, fuel economy is around 30 mpg. Have almost 50,000 miles and not even a hint of trouble. One of the best, most fun to drive cars that I have ever owned.

Favorite Features

The JBL CD changer sound system. The 6-speed transmission with plenty of pep. The switch to the high speed cam at 6400 rpm... varoom. The comfortable seating. The ample cargo space and tie-down accommodations.

Suggested Improvements

More torque. A little lower stance.

I love My Matrix XRS
By tiffyJ

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XRS 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I fell in love with this car when it first came out. I saw it when I went to see a movie on the pre-movie commercials and fell in love and several years later I was still in love with it. I traded in my 99 4 door civic and I am so glad that I did!

Favorite Features

I love everything about it. The seats, gas mileage, safety features, the lighting inside. I especially love the in-dash cd changer and my moon roof!

Suggested Improvements

More horse power, although it gets up and goes pretty good and the best part is that you can be going 80 mph and not even realize it because its a smooth ride!

Awesome Car
By JP

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XRS 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I stumbled into this car and whoa, I love it. The best of both worlds... sports car mixed with reliabilty, utility, and fun. This car utilizes Toyota's 2zz-ge engine, and boy does it go. The 6-speed takes some getting use to, as does the tighter suspension, but once you feel comfortable, look out. I have a hard time no wanting to push this car everytime I drive it. It's perfect for me because I can haul my kids, my band equipment and still be able to feel like a kid putting the pedal to the metal every once and a while. I love it!!

Favorite Features

Engine, transmission, hatch area, the JBL 6 disc in-dash CD with seven speakers.

Suggested Improvements

None.