Used 2006 Toyota Matrix Consumer Reviews - 137 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Matrix - Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Matrix

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:

Best car I ever bought for the money!
By greg oloskey

2006 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

PLENTY of room, great gas mileage, extremely dependable! Nice looking.

Best car I ever bought for the money!
By greg oloskey

2006 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

PLENTY of room, great gas mileage, extremely dependable! Nice looking.

Super reliable, sad to trade in for AWD car
By cadyn

2006 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought by 2006 Matrix XR new and have loved every day of owning it. I've never had any mechanical problems, just kept up with regular oil changes (full synthetic) religiously and regular maintenance. Had a main computer issue in 2008/9, but was covered under warranty and was replaced. Fairly inexpensive upkeep. Excellent cargo space, much bigger inside than it seems! I've been able to fit bicycles, chairs, tables... (not all at once of course). Great for road trips, averages almost 30 mpg highway. Could have better lumbar support. Not great pickup when accelerating uphill, but no complaints. I love this car and am so sad to have to trade it in for an AWD vehicle for my mountainous terrain!

Gas mileage, cargo space, great for commuting, standard sound system is above average, interior design, reliability, inexpensive upkeep

Could have better lumbar support & better pickup when going uphill. Other than that, nothing!

Great Car!
By dkadwell

2006 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car in 2007 with 6000 miles already on it. We were replacing our Hyundai Elantra which gave us nothing but problems. We love this car. It folds down flat very easily and we have hauled everything in it from trees to our daughter's complete nursery. We love it. It have never once given us an
issue. It is a little tight with car seats, but still works for us at this point in our lives. It gets about 32/33 mpg city and closer to 36/37 highway. It has been great in these rising gas prices. We have about 104k miles on it and it is still running strong! Highly recommend this car if you want a little more than Sedan but don't don't need more than 5 seats!

Gas mileage Folds flat Haul just about anything Plenty of head room!

2006 Matrix XR Manual-Front Wheel Drive
By acf

2006 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought new to replace a 1992 Tercel and accommodating a rear facing car seat. Bought the 5-speed because the automatic seemed sluggish. Back area is great for a dog. The performance of the front wheel drive (even with snow tires) is not stellar. I now live at the top of a hill in upstate NY and wish I bought the AWD. Great commuter car which gets > 30mpg on the highway. Comfortable enough for long trips. I would buy another (albeit in AWD).

Excellent Gas Mileage, Lots of room, Fun to drive. This car does exactly what it is supposed to do; it gets you and a bunch of stuff from point A to point B in a value-minded and reliable fashion.

Seat fabric is low quality. Rattle in passenger seat (interior is overall low quality). Lots of wasted space in the gauges.