2005 Toyota Matrix Consumer Review: very fun car

2005 Toyota Matrix Wagon - Consumer Review

very fun car
By smo302 on

2005 Toyota Matrix XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in a 2002 Nissan XTerra for this cars so I went from 14 mpg to 32 mpg. I love it. I drive 250 mi a week to work so I need great mpg, but to get a fun car that definitely can move out of its own way is great. Thinking about purchasing the supercharger from TRD. This will give it the same power as the XRS model for about the same price. Otherwise I am very pleased at the power above 4000 rpm for a little 4-cylinder engine. We shall see what winter brings without a 4 wheel drive anymore it will be interesting.

The interior, the dashboard is very sport like, black and silver with the chrome covers, the handling, I purposely take certain roads home on different days for the joy of driving this car hard through some great winding back roads.

I have no recommendations for improvements, maybe the XRS model would take care of them anyway. I may just have to test drive it to compare it to my XR model. See if there is much difference besides the power, which the added supercharger will cure anyway.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review