2005 Toyota Matrix Consumer Review: Only one complaint

2005 Toyota Matrix - Consumer Review

XR Wagon (1.8L 4-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic)

Only one complaint
By Ralz on

2005 Toyota Matrix XR AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in a GMC Suburban and wanted a "big" car - its height and spacious interior are great and there is a lot of storage room especially with the seats folded down. even very tall passengers are comfortable in the back seat. it gave me zero trouble during the worst snowstorms of our Canadian winters and actually surprised me by how well it handled snowstorm-highway- driving. only complaint is LOTS of noise when driving at high speeds on the highway. so noisy that passengers in the back cannot hear a word of the conversation going on in the front seats.

Simple dials, comfortable and easy to drive, high seats and high roof made it easier to transition to from a truck. surprising amount of items can be stored in the back. Sunroof/foglights package was well worth the money.

The highway noise is very problematic but it is the only complaint I have had with this car in the six months I've had it.