Mazda3 Hatchback vs. Toyota Matrix
By ftq on
2005 Toyota Matrix XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
This is a great looking car that handles great, and is very versitile. The Mazda3 is quite comparable, but it has a bigger engine (2.3L vs. 1.8L)and is also 5 inches longer. The matrix however sits higher the mazda which is great if you hate sitting in trafic and having low visability. It is higher then sedans and slighly lower then a Rav4 in terms of seating. Matrix is slightly wider and taller then the mazda3. Unfortunately I did not get to test drive a mazda3 before I purchased this car, as I fell in love with it the moment I took it for a test drive. It won out when I test drove a Rav4 and a camary before this one. Very comfortable seats, great for long trips. Toyota = Reliable!!
Favorite Features
High seating. Fog lights. Fold down back seats provide lots of storage. Great handling. Beautiful dashboard and exterior, fantastic to look at.
Suggested Improvements
Needs to come with a bigger engine. Accerleration is just ok, but still good considering the small 1.8L engine. Also would be nice if this car was just a bit longer, but it is a great compact car. Would'nt mind a bigger fuel tank, 13.8 gallon tank is nice, but would like 15+ gallon.