2005 Toyota Matrix Consumer Review: Made a great choice.

2005 Toyota Matrix Wagon - Consumer Review

Made a great choice.
By ADD on

2005 Toyota Matrix XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in my Jeep Liberty for the Matrix over the summer due to rising gas prices. I didn't want to lose the cargo space I had with the Jeep. I made a great choice. I've been able to haul quite a bit with my Matrix. It has been the perfect substitute for an SUV without the high cost of gas. I'm surprised more SUV owners aren't switching to these as an alternative. I can see myself keeping this car for a long time. It's easy to drive and I've saved quite a bit of money on gas.

I love that the back seats fold down flat. I also like the sporty look it has. I've gotten quite a few complements on it. The cargo net has actually been a good feature. It holds drinks pretty securly and keeps them from sliding around.

The paint chipped easily on the door edges so I had to add edge gards. I wasn't really thrilled with the back "cover" that hides things in the rear cargo area. It's a bit flimsy.