Great Car
By Greg on
2005 Toyota Matrix AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
This may be the best car I've ever owned. Very well designed from an ergonomic standpoint. I now have 147000 miles on it and haven't spent a nickel on it for maintenance beyond the obvious (oil changes, brakes, tires and the like). I check my gas mileage at every fill-up, that being my "thing," and get 30mpg if I have been throwing caution to the wind, and upwards to 33 mpg if I slow down; most of my driving is on the highway. It isn't the quietest car I have been in but it is comfortable. I do find I have to be quite careful to look backwards for a blind spot. However in this age of craving hybrids, this is a great car with the standard internal combustion engine.
Favorite Features
Great sound system. Comfortable seats. I have an arthritic back, hence the easy in-and-out versus the step-up to an SUV was a pleasant surprise. Also, I've never had a problem with it getting stuck vs. a reasonable challenge.
Suggested Improvements
It might be the perfect vehicle with a bit more ground clearance. As it is I am exceedingly pleased. I owned a RAV4 and as much as I loved that vehicle I like this better as it has more acceleration.