Downsize
By Lamar Winters on
2005 Toyota Matrix XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
Having driven this car for only the best part of a week I must say that I am impressed, despite the "expert" evaluations. Just coming off a Lexus RX330 I had no big expectations but needed to down size and I am a big Toyota fan. I really enjoy the driving experience and my height(5'10") and arm length adapt to the driving position nicely. I don't have a problem with the engine performance because for me it's a change in driving style and a willingness to adapt. Road noise is not all that bad and all this fuss about engine noise I don't get at all. I drove the AWD car initially but did not like the color or performance and was please when I drove away in the FWD, Shadow Mica ... cool!!
Favorite Features
The folding seat scheme is very handy. I also really like to 115V outlet for my laptop. It's great to have a rear latch opener on the remote. Of course my favorite feature is the $$ sign that shows up on the pump when I fill up.
Suggested Improvements
Get rid of the spoilers. Put a auto dim rear view mirror in the QP2 package along with dimming for the side mirrors as well. Those features I really miss on the Lexus. Get rid of the crome trim around the gauges, it's distracting but closing the hatch on the sunroof helps. A DC outlet in the rear.