2005 Toyota Matrix 1.8L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Downsize

2005 Toyota Matrix Wagon - Consumer Review

2005 Toyota Matrix XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Downsize
By Lamar Winters on

2005 Toyota Matrix XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Having driven this car for only the best part of a week I must say that I am impressed, despite the "expert" evaluations. Just coming off a Lexus RX330 I had no big expectations but needed to down size and I am a big Toyota fan. I really enjoy the driving experience and my height(5'10") and arm length adapt to the driving position nicely. I don't have a problem with the engine performance because for me it's a change in driving style and a willingness to adapt. Road noise is not all that bad and all this fuss about engine noise I don't get at all. I drove the AWD car initially but did not like the color or performance and was please when I drove away in the FWD, Shadow Mica ... cool!!

Favorite Features

The folding seat scheme is very handy. I also really like to 115V outlet for my laptop. It's great to have a rear latch opener on the remote. Of course my favorite feature is the $$ sign that shows up on the pump when I fill up.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the spoilers. Put a auto dim rear view mirror in the QP2 package along with dimming for the side mirrors as well. Those features I really miss on the Lexus. Get rid of the crome trim around the gauges, it's distracting but closing the hatch on the sunroof helps. A DC outlet in the rear.