2005 Toyota Matrix Consumer Review: almost perfect

2005 Toyota Matrix Wagon - Consumer Review

almost perfect
By toyota family on

2005 Toyota Matrix XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my Matrix XR for about 600 miles now. It's everything the reviews said. It's sporty, roomy inside, handles great thanks to the Goodyear Eagle tires and keeps suprising me with it's great features. I've only ran one tank of gas so far and got 28mpg on mostly city driving, no highway. That's a little less than I hoped for but still pretty good. Yes, the seating position for the driver takes a little getting used to. (See improvements below) But once the seat is adjusted you have little problem. The sunroof and ABS brakes are terrific as is the upgraded stereo system. The stereo rivals my home system when you are playing a CD. The dash lighting (red on black) is wonderful.

The style of the exterior. Stereo and sun roof. The tinted glass above the rear view mirror to block the sun (why can't American car companies be as creative). I wondered about the hatch,preferring trunks, but this one works well,cargo nets, a cargo cover that actually can stay on & be functional

If possible to add more pickup without hurting the gas mileage. A telescoping tilt steering wheel. This one tilts but you tend to feel too far away from it. Otherwise not a thing needs to change.