2005 Toyota Matrix Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:
very impressive
By bill newlun on 08/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Matrix Wagon Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

this car was very cool and a delight to test drive i enjoyed it very much handle great ,a lot of comfort for a small car every body must test drive this car the price is right on the money ,this is what i call a trip car for the gas mileage

My 2005 Matrix
By Dolphinrv on 08/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

A very nice automobile. We have owned other Toyotas and I am equally happy with thi one. We just took it on a 200 mile trip and it was very comfortable. I highly recommend this vehicle. We got good fuel economy, approximately 29-30 MPG.

Not just a wagon...A mini SUV!
By jazzyinny on 08/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Matrix Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

What a fun car! I don't need a step ladder to get in and I'm sitting eyelevel with some SUV's but with much better gas mileage and the ability to park just about anywhere. The AWD holds the road especially well in rain. I find the sensors really useful to let me know if a passenger is not properly belted in.

Good all around hauler
By stoutbrewer on 07/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in my 2003 Tacoma four door in on the Matrix XR. Getting 25 MPG in mostly city driving is a refreshing change. The base engine could use more torque to get it moving. The car handles well and manuvers in parking lots with ease. The interior is very functional and easy to configure. Toyota redid the chin spoiler so it looks better and doesn't scrape like the older models. As with most Toyota's the Matrix will hold its value, be low maintenance and be trouble free over the log haul. It's a good alternative to a SUV. The worst problem I had was blind spots. I bought two small mirrors and the problems solved.

Good Deal.
By bicdaddy on 07/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We purchased a Matrix after owning four long lived Toyota's. For '05, the tail light design is sportier and the ground effects incorporate the fog lamps. The Matrix has plenty of room for two kids. The front seating position is very comfortable. Most small cars in this category make me feel like I am sitting in a hole. So far so excellent. Not one complaint. Then again, it is Toyota.

A great car
By r.berezin on 07/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I just got a 2005 model and i think it is the GREATEST. I have the XR model. It rides GREAT. The seats are comfortable with plenty of leg room. The back seats are comfortable with plenty of leg room. There is plenty of storage space with all kinds of extra pockets. The fit and trim is exclent. The turning radis is GREAT. It drive like a car only better.

Love it but kind of weak
By lemonhead43 on 07/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've been wanting this car for years. But before I got this car, I had a 2000 Ford F-150 truck so it was really powerful but it guzzled gas like no other. I sold it and got the matrix. I just love the matrix but I miss the power that I had before. The car is very roomy and fun to drive especially during the summer.

Matrix XR
By Kla on 07/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Good car for the money. It's not for racing, but for everyday drive is comfortable.

Small Car, Great Value
By Kim Mason on 07/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Matrix Wagon Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car is fun to drive and is small. For my husband and I it is perfect. It's got a lot of get up and go capacity.

Everyone is happy
By kass on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My family, 17 and 12 year old sons, 15 year old daughter, my wife and I all like it. Everyone has found something about this car that makes them smile. It is a Toyota and it is fun to drive.