2005 Toyota Matrix Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:
OCEAN MATRIX
By tim bannister on 11/04/04 17:43 PM (PST)

FUN CAR TO DRIVE, REALLY ROOMY EXCEPT IN THE FRONT SEAT

Great
By Holaimtim on 11/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Matrix Wagon XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Great car! I have a XRS its so much fun to drive. Pretty quick for a wagon. Handles amzingly but my one complaint is the seats. Although they r very comfortable i find when i take sharp turns i tend to slide out of it with my seat belt on. Thats my only complaint i love it otherwise

Chose Matrix over Mazda 3 Hatchback
By LACurtis on 10/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I spent a lot of time investigating and researching for my next vehicle to replace a 2001 Ford Escape. Had it down to the Matrix or the Mazda 3 Hatchback. I test drove the Mazda, it was nice although couldn't really tell that it had more power than the Matrix. Bought the Matrix because we had a 2004 Corolla that has been great and the price was over a $1000 less than Mazda. The Matrix has not disappointed. Plenty of power, even some wheelspin! Have been getting a consistent 29-30 mpg for a mix of city and highway travel. Ride is great, better than the Escape. Lots of little extras make this a super Corolla with fantastic hauling capacity.

Great mileage, looks, handling, & space
By Armada 305 Man on 10/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Just purchased the car (2005 model). . . I'm 6'2" and about 250lbs. and was amazed at the room this car offers for its size. Cost of this vehicle was excellent, looks great, offers excellent features, and has great versatility. This is the first Toyota I've ever purchased, so I hope it's as reliable as my 3 Nissan's were. I like this vehicle much better than my 2001 Ford it replaced.

Mazda3 Hatchback vs. Toyota Matrix
By ftq on 10/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great looking car that handles great, and is very versitile. The Mazda3 is quite comparable, but it has a bigger engine (2.3L vs. 1.8L)and is also 5 inches longer. The matrix however sits higher the mazda which is great if you hate sitting in trafic and having low visability. It is higher then sedans and slighly lower then a Rav4 in terms of seating. Matrix is slightly wider and taller then the mazda3. Unfortunately I did not get to test drive a mazda3 before I purchased this car, as I fell in love with it the moment I took it for a test drive. It won out when I test drove a Rav4 and a camary before this one. Very comfortable seats, great for long trips. Toyota = Reliable!!

MY RED MATRIX
By tenn girl on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I LOVED THE MINUTE I SAW IT . I THINK IT LOOKS BEST IN RED OR WHITE. IT HAS SO MUCH ROOM . I LIKE EVERYTHING.. THEY GAVE ME A CAMARY TO DRIVE WHILE THEY DID A FEW THINGS TO MY CAR AND WONTED TO KNOW IF I WONTED TO TRADE....NO WAY!!!!!!!MINE HAS SO MUCH MORE STYLE..IN THE DASH.. LAYING THE SEATS DOWN GIVES YOU TON OF ROOM....THE DASH IS JUST...COOL!! I HAVE HAD THREE FULL SIZE PEOPLE IN THE BACK SEAT..AND NOT ONE COMPLAINT!!!WHICH IS AMAZING IN ITS SELF....YOU JUST WOULD JUST NOT BELIVE THE ROOM...GREAT PRICE...I HAVE SUNROOF.POWER DOORS AND WINDOWS.KEYLESS ENTRY..GROUND EFFECTS,FOG LIGHTS, 17 INCH.WHEELS..SIX SPEAKERS,

2004 Toyota Matrix XRS
By trdmatrix on 10/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Matrix Wagon XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

The Toyota Matrix XRS is a real unique car. Its hard to classify what it is. Is it a car, wagon, or suv? People have called it a cuv, which is crossover utility vehicle. I'm really pleased to have purchase this car. I always get compliments from strangers.

I love my matrix
By nyckay on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Matrix Wagon Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I researched a lot of other before deciding on the MAtrix. Byut the MAtrix always came out on top in my book, i bought based on the toyoat reputation, and reviews from freinds that have bougght this car in past 2 yrs. I feel so safe in this car it like a mini suv, and its easy to handle w/o complicated gagdets.

05 Matrix My Ride
By The Finstar on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My 2005 Matrix is outstanding. The interior and seats are comfortable. The gauges are well positioned and well put together, good storage. The 05 Matrix has a great ride.

my Matrix
By oak462 on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This vehicle has been flawless since the day I bought it. I have not had a single problem with it. I have had 4 8foot in it and was able to close the rear hatch window so there is plenty of room. The driving position could be a little more comfortable and a little more horsepower wouldn't hurt but otherwise no complaints.