Used 2005 Toyota Matrix Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Matrix Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:

Great Matrix
By Toyota Matrix XRS

2005 Toyota Matrix Wagon XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I think it has great get up and go. The handling is very nice. The design inside and out is also great. It looks and feels very sporty. Perfect for a modern mom and cool enough for my husband to commute to work in. It handles hills & mountainous roads very well (and very fun). I have a baby and a toddler and the car seats fit fine (even with my husband in the front seat... he's 6'5".) Our full size stroller fits great in the back cargo area with room to spare... NO COMPLAINTS!

Stick shift is FUN. Gas economy is wonderful...my pocket book LOVES it.

I wish the air conditioner would work faster in this summer heat (especially with kids in the car).

Fun and versatile
By Dogdoc

2005 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I retired a big SUV after 10 years and 160K miles to buy a new Matrix. It always gets noticed, and everybody likes the looks. I volunteer at a high school, and the kids have dubbed it "cool" and "so cute", about the highest praise available from teenagers. It seats five with good comfort (I've taken some of those same kids on a two-hour trip, and they stayed cheerful in the back seat) and it has the cargo room needed by a homeowner and business owner making weekend trips to Lowe's and Home Depot, and the plastic surface and abundant tiedowns and cubbies make the cargo area very useful. And it sure was nice to see the dials on the gas pump start with a "2" instead of a "4".

Nice looks and excellent interior design, for both humans and cargo. Very versatile car.

A little more power would be nice, but it would no doubt come at the expense of fuel economy, and I'm not sure I want to give that up, either.

First toyota
By otto mattioli

2005 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent entry/exit makes this the best size for my wife and I, both in or late 60's. We dont have to crawl under a steering wheel like some of the newer cars or climb up like some of the big suv's seat/steering wheel adjusment is great. Would recommend this wagon to anyone I can.

Entry/exit.

None...don't ruin a good thing!

A Car for all Seasons
By New Englander

2005 Toyota Matrix Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Having recently moved from Manhattan, where I spent my entire adult life, I was completely overwhelmed about the car choices before me. I researched virtually every model of every make of every 2005 car. What did I end up choosing? The Toyota Matrix. First off, I loved the styling. It's got a very Eurosmart kind of feel to it. Secondly, although the 4WD does not get the kind of mileage that the FWD manual does, it is still efficient. Thirdly, I can pack virtually anything into Trixie. Not only that but the multiple folding seat options, various cargo nets and tie-downs rock. The 4WD worked beautifully on those snowy days, yet she's petite enough to park on tiny NYC streets.

4WD, moonroof, styling

More power, less plastic. Do away with the red nighttime gauges. I'm driving, not taking a mission to Mars.

Great car for the money
By shar

2005 Toyota Matrix Wagon Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car. It drives so well. I had a small SUV, and it was difficult to drive. So all the storage capabilities of the SUV are in this Matrix, and yet it drives like a car and the gas mileage is like a car. All that see it are very impressed with the style. It's also a fun car to drive.

storage capabilities, style, color (phantom grey, great handling

more insulation inside the roof - heavy rain is a bit noisy. Rain coming in the open windows - no "gutter" to keep the rain from coming in.