Used 2005 Toyota Matrix XR Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Matrix Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:

why toyota why
By ctmatrix

2005 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Toyota 5 speed matrix owner--- this car is a great care and i will miss her.This toyota is going on her second transmission at 160k, one trans came with the car the second one came from toyata parts dept new. Toyota says no know problems with 5/speed they must not look online,or why do they stock so many in the wharehouse if there is no problem. I can see clutch problems from many driving styles but the trans imploding and the clutch and p plate and throwout bearing are still fine. Toyota you are on your way to being GM---we do not know anything about your problem. The matrix is a great car buy the automatic-- Toyata will not stand behind the 5/speed Car will go 300k or 3 5/speeds why

Great car-- everything

Build a 5 speed that will not blow-up Stand behind your product

2005 toyota matrix ( caa)
By clay adams

2005 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Interior road noise, brakes squeak, brake pads wear out. Outside mirrors are a little too small. Seats are a little too low sitting

Gas mileage, small size, radio, long distance driving comfort, looks.

Larger outside mirrors, larger visors.

Biggest Little Car in Town!
By fb

2005 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Terrific car. I've fit sheet rock and lumber, furniture, and my critters (3 dogs and 2 cats) in this car with plenty of room to spare.

My only complaint is that it needs a bit more pick up getting on to the interstate.

Awesome Car
By mumbulo

2005 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car is great. I love being able to fold down the seats (I think my Matrix actually fits more than my pick-up truck bed). The car is comfortable, great fuel economy and very roomy for a car of its size. The only real complaint that I have is that the tires that Toyota puts on are crap (noisy, very slippery in inclement conditions, and are already cracking with 26,000 miles on the car) but that should be remedied when we replace them. Great car, great value, would definitely recommend.

Fold down seats are definitely my favorite feature (and the reason we got the car). The car is also very spacious and we have fit 5 adults comfortably in it.

Better tires to cut down on raod noise and improve traction.

Not What I Expected
By Dissapointed

2005 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle replaced a 2005 Toyota Corolla, The Corolla was nearly a perfect vehicle. The Matrix isn't even close to the quality or integrity of the Corolla. The interior plastic is of very poor quality and appearance. The gas mileage as far, far less than the Corolla. It's hard to believe the Matrix is a Toyota. I am not at all pleased with the Matrix. This vehicle has caused me to substantially lower my opinion of Toyota.

Sitting position. Reliability. Easy to read and use instrument panel. Easy to enter and exit vehicle.

Better sound system, higher quality plastics in the interior, and better gas mileage without any loss of power.