2005 Toyota Matrix - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:
I love my matrix
By WEEEEEE!! on 08/05/08 14:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Matrix XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This car has been great it has never failed me once. The design is simple and easy to use. I love the power the 1.8 4 banger motor makes. It's awesome I had my matrix xrs at 140 mph (on a closed track of course). I bought this car coming from a Mercedes Benz and this car has been better. There is no traction control or stability control which is ok because you can throw this car where ever you want. It's so fun to drive I love it.

XRS-2ZZ-GE
By Guy Hence on 10/01/07 12:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Matrix XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

The Yamaha built engine in this car is terrific! Same as the expensive Lotus Elise and Exige! The XRS handles well and gets good mileage. Service is simple and low cost. This is a great car that's well built.

I love my Matrix!
By WeatheringC on 09/16/07 20:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Matrix XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I had a little Honda before I bought my Matrix. When it came time to purchase a new car I had a tall list of things I wanted. I wanted to get my skis in the back, the ability load it up and haul things, and great gas mileage was essential since I was making an 800 mile round trip at least once a month. The Matrix was the only car to satisfy all those needs. I looked for a month before I found a hard to find used Matrix in my area! As soon as I test drove it I knew it was the car to get. The enginering of the interior is exceptional and makes it very versatile. I show it off to everyone. It's enginered well and the styling is classic. I love my Matrix!

Good Car For The Money
By Jon on 07/08/07 12:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Matrix XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This car give you everything from good fuel economy, good space for cargo, great style, very reliable, fun to drive with the six speed manual and it is quick when its RPMs are in the 8,000 range. Good car over all and would buy another one with no hesitation.

Great Matrix
By Toyota Matrix XRS on 07/30/05 18:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Matrix XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I think it has great get up and go. The handling is very nice. The design inside and out is also great. It looks and feels very sporty. Perfect for a modern mom and cool enough for my husband to commute to work in. It handles hills & mountainous roads very well (and very fun). I have a baby and a toddler and the car seats fit fine (even with my husband in the front seat... he's 6'5".) Our full size stroller fits great in the back cargo area with room to spare... NO COMPLAINTS!

Spunky car
By cmpchicky on 06/29/05 16:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Matrix XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

The XRS model is good for those who love to drive. The fuel economy can be better - it requires fuel with octanes of 91 or higher. It could hurt the wallet if you drive a lot. Otherwise, i love it.

My Matrix
By Kristin on 03/06/05 21:56 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Matrix XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This is the first new car I've ever driven and I love it! The seats are so comfortable I don't mind sitting all day in them. The stereo is awesome. I just love it. I couldn't ask for a better car.

One of Best Cars I Have Owned
By A Thomas on 02/04/05 23:06 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Matrix XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Wonderful automobile. Had 2004 Toyota Matrix XR and liked it so much that we bought another Toyota Matrix when 04 Toyota was wrecked. Most people I have talked to who saw car after wreck did not understand how I came away without so much as a scratch esp. since car was totalled. Very, very safe vehicle. Well-built and handles very well. Strongly recommend this car for anyone needing economical vehicle, but also needing room for lot of people. I can put 5 in including myself. 04 Matrix had good value and depreciated very little (much less than many other cars over the course of 1 yr).

Matrix XRS
By Ron Hill on 01/01/05 22:54 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Matrix XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

The Matrix XRS is a thrill to drive. It red lines as 8200 rpm with a six speed manual trans. It will not fit into one category well, but does well in many; wagon, sport-wagon, mini SUV, pocket rocket sport car, midget mini van, or many other. With the more powerful engine with Yamaha heads, I still get 30 mpg no matter how hard I run it. The VVTI kicks in at about 6500 rpm and feels like a dirt bike's power band, really puts you back in the seat. A definate 10 on the fun to drive scale. A sport car with unlimited trunk space.

Look! It's a plane!? It's a MATRIX!
By Lkn4fun on 12/22/04 11:10 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Matrix XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Just did what my friends called the unbelievable. I traded my '02 Acura TL- S in on my new Silver Streak Matrix XRS. To those who say I traded down I can only say that this car has brought back FUN into the driving routine. While I do miss the heated seats, that's all that I miss. Love the handling and the punchy little engine. The six speed and shifter feel Euro. The cargo space in this car is amazing. For those of you that are weekend warriors you'll love the pop up rear window for 2 x 4s. Got all the toys except Nav. There were only two XRS's in my area. One was the color that I wanted. "Traded down?" Not in my book. P.S. - Stomp on her and still love the improved fuel economy!