Used 2005 Toyota Matrix XRS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Matrix - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:

I love my matrix
By WEEEEEE!!

2005 Toyota Matrix XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This car has been great it has never failed me once. The design is simple and easy to use. I love the power the 1.8 4 banger motor makes. It's awesome I had my matrix xrs at 140 mph (on a closed track of course). I bought this car coming from a Mercedes Benz and this car has been better. There is no traction control or stability control which is ok because you can throw this car where ever you want. It's so fun to drive I love it.

When the second cam opens at 62000 rpm it becomes a whole other car

Interior is a little flimsy but it's ok

XRS-2ZZ-GE
By Guy Hence

2005 Toyota Matrix XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

The Yamaha built engine in this car is terrific! Same as the expensive Lotus Elise and Exige! The XRS handles well and gets good mileage. Service is simple and low cost. This is a great car that's well built.

Engine.

Improved horsepower for more low end torque.

I love my Matrix!
By WeatheringC

2005 Toyota Matrix XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I had a little Honda before I bought my Matrix. When it came time to purchase a new car I had a tall list of things I wanted. I wanted to get my skis in the back, the ability load it up and haul things, and great gas mileage was essential since I was making an 800 mile round trip at least once a month. The Matrix was the only car to satisfy all those needs. I looked for a month before I found a hard to find used Matrix in my area! As soon as I test drove it I knew it was the car to get. The enginering of the interior is exceptional and makes it very versatile. I show it off to everyone. It's enginered well and the styling is classic. I love my Matrix!

Sliding hooks in the cargo area. I can strap anything down in back using the cargo straps or the cargo nets. I also love that the back is plastic lined. Makes it easy to clean. Oh! The sunroof is great too!

I would have liked to have power seats.

Good Car For The Money
By Jon

2005 Toyota Matrix XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This car give you everything from good fuel economy, good space for cargo, great style, very reliable, fun to drive with the six speed manual and it is quick when its RPMs are in the 8,000 range. Good car over all and would buy another one with no hesitation.

The cars engine RPM redline at 8,200! But at the same time gets on average 25-28 mpg.

A little more torque for the low end and getting up and going.

Great Matrix
By Toyota Matrix XRS

2005 Toyota Matrix XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I think it has great get up and go. The handling is very nice. The design inside and out is also great. It looks and feels very sporty. Perfect for a modern mom and cool enough for my husband to commute to work in. It handles hills & mountainous roads very well (and very fun). I have a baby and a toddler and the car seats fit fine (even with my husband in the front seat... he's 6'5".) Our full size stroller fits great in the back cargo area with room to spare... NO COMPLAINTS!

Stick shift is FUN. Gas economy is wonderful...my pocket book LOVES it.

I wish the air conditioner would work faster in this summer heat (especially with kids in the car).