2004 Toyota Matrix 1.8L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - My Lucky Little Car

2004 Toyota Matrix - Consumer Review

XRS Wagon (1.8L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

My Lucky Little Car
By Silverchild on

2004 Toyota Matrix XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I had absolutely no interest in this car when I went car shopping. Now that I have it I could not be happier! The car is both fun to drive and reliable. I purchased it with 30,000 miles and have had no problems whatsoever despite the high mileage. The seats are comfortable and that's saying something with my awful back problems! The dash is beautiful and easy to read, the gear shift is set in a position that is both natural and comfortable, visibility is supreme with few blind spots and cargo room is fantastic. The back and passenger seats have hard plastic back covers for protection when toting large items, the passenger seat folds down as a table top and the car has 3 power plugs!!

Favorite Features

The back support, seat height, roominess, gas mileage(!), attractiveness inside and out, crash test ratings, responsiveness, stereo, love it in red, moonroof, the trash hatch in center console below the gear shift (at least that's what I use it for.. perfect if you also live in your car. It's fun!!

Suggested Improvements

The cupholders need more space between them so cups don't rub or lean, though attractive the front body is too low and scrapes easily on curbs or high incline driveways, darker tint, better sound proofing - noise isn't too bad, jack for iPods, better clasp for glovebox.. all in all very minor stuff