Best car I have ever owned
By Mary Ellen Snyder on
2004 Toyota Matrix AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
I have owned my Matrix for almost 4 years and I can say that this is the first car I have ever considered keeping beyond 4 years. I am dismayed that they eliminated the AWD option as it has been super through several New England winters. I am a nurse who has to get to work no matter the weather and it has never let me down. The car is fun to drive and gets great mileage considering that it is an AWD small SUV. I have transported furniture and bikes and all sorts of luggage in it. I am a scrapbooker and can carry all of my "stuff" as well as that of a friend in it and have room to spare when we go away for scrapbooking weekends. I have never been attached to a car before this one. Love it!
Favorite Features
Rides high, roomy, lots of cargo space, easy to access features, comfortable back seat, handles nimbly, great brakes.
Suggested Improvements
Bring back AWD option! Would like variable speed wipers, no place to hang trash bag, cup holders not great, would like cargo cover to come down automatically with ability to disable it if needed, too much road noise.