2004 Toyota Matrix - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:
The Matrix is a Great Choice
By plutes on 10/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a Matrix the first time I opened the hatchback and realized that the flat folding back seats would easily fit two bikes inside. And the high gas mileage. For a seemingly small car, it is so very roomy, for the driver and front and backseat passengers...and I've had some bigger than average folks enjoying the ride. It's zippy, it get great gas mileage, it has a unique exterior style. I got the 'cosmic blue' color and I love it.

From F150 to Matrix and fun drive
By Daniel Foster on 10/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Not only does it look good but it drives good too. Much more fun than the F150 and easier on the pocketbook and easier to park. More room for your things than you could imagine by looking at it. A great week-end flea marketing vehicle and a comfortable ride for 4.The ulitmate shopping car.

Toyota Matrix XR
By michele C on 09/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The Toyota Matrix XR is a great car. It looks great and fun to drive. The car has good gas milage.The inside is roomy.

X-il-R-ating
By Andy H on 08/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great commuter car with alot of versatility for errands. Extremely functional, and even though targeted for younger consumers(IE Gen X, Y, & Zers), I have found that it works for me at 42. Nice alternative to an SUV, plus better gas mileage and it still handles in the snow. Fun to drive & both my dogs love it too!

Good all round vehicle
By aspenlakes on 08/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We bought the matrix because of mileage and the avalable manual trans. My two boys hate riding in it (ages 8+9), because they cannot see out of the rear passenger windows. The rear seat is deep, which makes it impossible to see out the windows.

Enter the Matrix
By btmustang on 08/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Very impressed with my Matrix. Extremely useful for storing pleanty of things, I just moved to grad school from undergrad and it was great.

i love the matrix
By shrek on 07/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

i love the matrix. it handles very good andi am tall so it is so much easier to get in and out of without rolling out of the car like you do on most compact cars. this is the first car i have owned that i would not trade or sell for a very long time and the gas mileage is very good too. i get about 35 miles to the gallon on long trips and around town i get about 30 miles to the gallon. if any one is looking for a good car the matrix will win your heart.

2004 Matrix XRS - Love it!!
By jeffxrs on 07/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

1 Year of ownership. 12,500 miles. Great gas mileage. Only complaint is storage bin undewr shifter pops open frequently. Have not mentioned to dealer yet. Excellent dealer service so far. Car is my first Japanese after 2 Germans, 3 Americans.

Love it!
By FlowerChild on 07/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I had purchased a 2003 Turbo Beetle in 2002 and was not happy with it because the check engine light started to come on for engine knocking with only 20,000 miles on it! I know I had warrenty on the thingy but buttons were falling off that I never touched and what not. So I had it with the Beetle. I was ready to go buy a Toyota which is what I had before and never had a single problem with it. I was very happy to find the Matrix because it was the perfect car for a college student! I will admit I do miss having my turbocharged engine, but when I found out you can put a supercharger on the Matrix that made me very happy!

best tall wagon bargin
By littledude30542 on 07/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix XR AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I liked the matrix form the first time I saw it. It had more features than other cars that I had been looking at. The car handles great and even thought its 123hp it doesnt feel like it. I like having the massive cargo space and the security of AWD .I only paid 18,442 and thats fully loaded .Im glad I got a 2004 b/c the 2005 is a little uglier. The car has also gotten its share of compliments. i havent had 1 problem