Used 2004 Toyota Matrix XR Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:

Great Car; Cheating Salesman
By Ms. Kitty

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Matrix! This was my first car purchase, and unfortunatley I dealt with a "cheating, deceiving and lying" salesman. What I thought I was purchasing was a 6-cyclinder Matrix with all wheel drive. Instead, what I found I had purchased was the basic Matrix XR at the Matrix XRS with added features price! What a rat!

Out of this world stero system. Alloy wheels. Futuristic body design. Very roomy interior. Great on gas and mileage.

Needs more horsepower. Has a tendency to stall when starting off.

Toyota Matrix
By ymmat

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

THis car hadles very nicely and gets great mileage. The front wheel drive is great for city driving and ok on flat snow terrain. However, it has very poor traction on ice and snow so traction devicds are a must. With the larger wheels, even the smallest/ tightest cable chains hit the wheel wells. THe interior is comfortable and appealing. The angle of the steering wheel is not ergonomicaly correct for a person 5'4". Visibility and seat comfort is great. Interior polycarbonate material scratches easily. My radiant red car gets lots of looks and copliments especially from the younger crowd.

gas mileage, hatch back, keyless entry, radiant red color

Better steering wheel angle Higher grade plastic paneling on interior that resists scratching Option for all weather traction tires larger wheels and sunroof option together

Love this car
By tharing

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

From the moment I saw it I wanted it. I haven't been disappointed yet. Lots of fun to drive and handles well. Not much of anything bad to say except it could be a bit more sound proof. Outside noise when driving on the highway isn't very good. Noise reduction hopefully in 2005 will improve.

Neo, we found the matrix
By zume

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great car, pick-up is four cylider style, a little weak. But I love the car. Doors are a little hard to close, and sunroof sticks a little. but doesn't matter in the long run.

moonroof, and window hatch. shiney gauges, and 6 disk in dash changer. the plug on the dash.

make both seats be able to fold down for sleeping, and back seats be able to recline a bit.

"Oh what a feeling"
By 1funnykat

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I'm on the road alot. I was driving a Dodge Ram 1500 4wd lifted w/36' tires.That got 12 gallons to the mile. I needed something economical but with flare and style. There is no way I was going to drive something wqithout style. the Matrix is perfiect 4 me, its has style, great sound system and 43 mph.I bought the 5 speed 4 fun and it is.

Great stereo! i love the style of the XR with the air dam. I love the rear hatch back, way cooool. Its comfortable and the gauge cluster is fun.

All new cars should come with floor mats. Thats it!