2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:
Love my Matrix
By DramaQueen01 on 11/07/06 08:57 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Matrix and it is fun to drive. My son who is 19 was really impressed with the way it looks and drives, which surprised me. I didn't think it would be sporty enough for him. Handles great in the snow and rain. Visibility could be better as sometimes it is difficult to see something that is at the front/side of the vehicle when driving. But overall It's great to drive. Reliaiblity is A1.

An Extremely Sturdy Car
By Miguel Angel on 09/16/06 21:39 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

'Trixes are bomb-proof! I'm the kind of driver who doesn't go particularly fast, but doesn't brake for anything, either. This car has taken three years of continous punishment: every corner taken at the traction limit, hundreds of handbrake turns, about three months of serious gravel driving, 8in deep potholes every day, many track days, being half-sunk in waste water (this is Mexico City, you know)... all without a glitch. Minor rattles in the dash, the standard battery lacks capacity, and that's it. A very capable little car when pushed (can consistently beat Megane RSs in the hands of a good driver), even with an auto transmission. Overall, a great car.

76000 miles and going strong!
By Cece on 07/27/06 03:43 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 2003 (2004 model) and now have 76000 miles on it! Not a single problem! I have a manuel transmission and it is so much fun to drive. It's young and stylish and I wouldn't trade it for any other car :)

Perfect for needs and budget
By cali_isaac on 05/07/06 11:55 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is the perfect car for us. Great mileage (25-27 city, 32-37 hwy). This looks small on the outside but is laid out great very efficient and feels very roomy. This car hold TONS of stuff (4 adults, 3 day camping gear (firewood included), surfboards on top and bikes on the back) and still got 34+ mpg on the trip! The 110v plug is awesome, didn't need to buy a car charger for cell phone or iPod. The most car for the money, imo. Would buy again in a heartbeat. Owned for over 2 years now still runs like new.

My Matrix
By Toby A Turner on 04/22/06 12:42 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is the smallest car I have owned and it is great! Gas mileage, fit into the garage, parking spaces, maneuverability and comfort, are all advantages I have not experienced with larger autos. The color is solar yellow and easy to spot on a parking lot! There is plenty of room for my friends as passengers and with the adjustable bucket seat, they can be comfortable too.

Great Small Wagon
By George on 03/23/06 06:05 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I just turn in my leased Matrix, and it has been a great small car for me at the time when I lease it. It has a lot of room when the back seat and the front Pass. seat are all folded down to help me move. Great little city car. It was avg. for gas 33MPG traveling to and from work. Only one thing happened, the front right shock was bad when the car was first new and that was quickly replaced for free. No other trouble with the car. I just follow the book when to do all the services.

I'm going to drive this into the ground
By Brian Hoeft on 03/13/06 17:49 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I would still purchase this car. The only complaint that I have ever heard of for this car is the road and engine noise. I only heard that comment about a year after I purchased it and didn't honestly notice it until then although now I do. A+ for breaking ability. B for acceleration. A+ for forard view. C for rear viewing ability.

Matrix is a great car
By MLA on 02/15/06 22:14 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I highly recommend the Toyota Matrix. I've had mine almost 18 months and have enjoyed the experience. The Matrix has typical Toyota reliability, but it's roominess and build allow you to use it for hauling many things or just taking lots of luggage on vacation.

2004 Toyota Matrix XR AWD
By Lisa White on 01/29/06 19:53 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The car is very reliable and fun to drive. It took a while to get used to the seats since they sit very high. I do have 2 complaints; as trivial as they are, the latch on the compartment at the base of the gear box won't stay closed and the slightest bump in the road pops it open or it falls off completely. Second, when the windows dew up from the outside, you can generally roll your windows down and it would squeegee it off. Not with my Matrix; I have to stop the car and get out and wipe off the side windows so I can see; otherwise, I have to roll the windows down. Aside from that, I have no complaints and would recommend this car to anyone

Father loves it.
By Marti on 10/27/05 13:22 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Love this little car-I went from 90 s10 blazer to this veh. Great gas milage. I have hauled a double-size bed, lumber,dining room table,replacement windows-all stayed put thanks to tie downs. We also haul large dogs and they slide a bit-a rug held down with hook/loop tape solved this problem. My father made fun of this little car, til he drove it. He is now trading his 05 Ford for a 06 Matrix.