Used 2004 Toyota Matrix XR Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:

Good at First - Not happy now
By Bill

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The car was great for a year, then the heat mixer dial broke, dealer fixed, then I push the 4 way button and it falls into the dash, ok, dealer fixed, lately the car has a bad idle vibration and engine stumbles at stops, dealer said this is how this engine runs, paint scratches easy and it's starting to rattle in thedash, I don't think toyota quality is all that great. Don't go with this one, wont buy toyota again, I'll trade it for a Mazda. Oh the door under the stick keeps popping open like a jack in the box. Don't think this car will last.

6 cd player,ac outlets,rear storage,looks.

More standard hp with out reving to 6000rpm,Better intr build,less buzzy engine.

My Matrix
By Chris

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Has been the best car I've ever owned. Mileage usually about 30mpg, sometimes more if highway only driving. GREAT cornering and handling ability. Fun to drive with enough power to pass safely in reasonable situations. Back seats lower flat instead of the SUVs that don't go all the way down flat, so is great for cargo. A truly great vehicle!

6 speaker stereo, GREAT Handling, with 17" wheels

Power seats, lumbar support, ashtray and lighter should be standard feature.

The Matrix is a Great Choice
By plutes

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a Matrix the first time I opened the hatchback and realized that the flat folding back seats would easily fit two bikes inside. And the high gas mileage. For a seemingly small car, it is so very roomy, for the driver and front and backseat passengers...and I've had some bigger than average folks enjoying the ride. It's zippy, it get great gas mileage, it has a unique exterior style. I got the 'cosmic blue' color and I love it.

The tilting moon roof provides lots of air circulation, the 6-CD changer is fuss free, and of course the ease with which the back seats fold down is fantastic for hauling anything. Gas mileage is better than expected...39 highway.

The front bumper could be raised up a bit and better visibility out the rear and rear side windows.

X-il-R-ating
By Andy H

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great commuter car with alot of versatility for errands. Extremely functional, and even though targeted for younger consumers(IE Gen X, Y, & Zers), I have found that it works for me at 42. Nice alternative to an SUV, plus better gas mileage and it still handles in the snow. Fun to drive & both my dogs love it too!

Flip down flat rear split seats, Comfortable front seats, edgy styling,& Great gas mileage.

Rear visibility over the driver's left shoulder is somewhat difficult.

sweet
By jay hill

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

a great car for the price and time of high gas prices

interior and feul acconomy