2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:
Love my matrix !!
By RDavis on 05/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love this car. I'll be buying a 2nd one when the 2005 come out.

Love My Matrix
By Susan Weir on 05/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I didn't think I could find a vehicle with SUV space and economy car mileage but the Matrix has both. It's fun to drive, although a little slow to accelerate. Passenger room is generous and the seats fold down easily to fit lots in the back. I'm glad I got the 5- speed because my kids can't borrow it!

I love my car!
By Carrie Ann on 05/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The second I laid eyes on this car I knew it was going to be the one. It was one of only two cars I test drove; I needed to look no further. Manual transmission won out in the end. It offers a better feel of control as well as power. I get nothing but positive feedback and compliments on my car. Everyone I know really likes it. I love it!

Do yourself a favor - drive one!
By Robert Desrosiers on 04/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

If you think you want an SUV but you know that you'll spend 99% of your time on paved roads and you only need room for 4 or less passengers, then you owe it to yourself to look at a Matrix. Seats 4 adults comfortably with plenty of leg and headroom. Rear seats and front passenger seat fold completely flat for hauling cargo. Friends who have driven my Matrix comment on 1) the excellent driving position and 2) the ease at which the manual transmission shifts. Look folks, it's simple: at $2+ per gallon of gas these days you'd be fuelish to pass up on an opportunity to save big $ annually at the pump, not to mention the $ you'll save vs. the cost of an SUV.

Matrix Rules!
By jsbassist on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Only had the car one week and I love it. Only complaint I have is body panels are thin, but that is true of any car these days. Two dents already

Great Car; Cheating Salesman
By Ms. Kitty on 04/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Matrix! This was my first car purchase, and unfortunatley I dealt with a "cheating, deceiving and lying" salesman. What I thought I was purchasing was a 6-cyclinder Matrix with all wheel drive. Instead, what I found I had purchased was the basic Matrix XR at the Matrix XRS with added features price! What a rat!

Toyota Matrix
By ymmat on 04/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

THis car hadles very nicely and gets great mileage. The front wheel drive is great for city driving and ok on flat snow terrain. However, it has very poor traction on ice and snow so traction devicds are a must. With the larger wheels, even the smallest/ tightest cable chains hit the wheel wells. THe interior is comfortable and appealing. The angle of the steering wheel is not ergonomicaly correct for a person 5'4". Visibility and seat comfort is great. Interior polycarbonate material scratches easily. My radiant red car gets lots of looks and copliments especially from the younger crowd.

Love this car
By tharing on 03/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

From the moment I saw it I wanted it. I haven't been disappointed yet. Lots of fun to drive and handles well. Not much of anything bad to say except it could be a bit more sound proof. Outside noise when driving on the highway isn't very good. Noise reduction hopefully in 2005 will improve.

Neo, we found the matrix
By zume on 03/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great car, pick-up is four cylider style, a little weak. But I love the car. Doors are a little hard to close, and sunroof sticks a little. but doesn't matter in the long run.

"Oh what a feeling"
By 1funnykat on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I'm on the road alot. I was driving a Dodge Ram 1500 4wd lifted w/36' tires.That got 12 gallons to the mile. I needed something economical but with flare and style. There is no way I was going to drive something wqithout style. the Matrix is perfiect 4 me, its has style, great sound system and 43 mph.I bought the 5 speed 4 fun and it is.