Used 2004 Toyota Matrix XR Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:

Great Small Wagon
By George

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I just turn in my leased Matrix, and it has been a great small car for me at the time when I lease it. It has a lot of room when the back seat and the front Pass. seat are all folded down to help me move. Great little city car. It was avg. for gas 33MPG traveling to and from work. Only one thing happened, the front right shock was bad when the car was first new and that was quickly replaced for free. No other trouble with the car. I just follow the book when to do all the services.

The Great 33MPG! With an Automatic Trans! All the fold down seats. Easy on the wallet to drive!

A bit more power in the engine. But with more power, less MPG. It is a give and take.

I'm going to drive this into the ground
By Brian Hoeft

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I would still purchase this car. The only complaint that I have ever heard of for this car is the road and engine noise. I only heard that comment about a year after I purchased it and didn't honestly notice it until then although now I do. A+ for breaking ability. B for acceleration. A+ for forard view. C for rear viewing ability.

Father loves it.
By Marti

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Love this little car-I went from 90 s10 blazer to this veh. Great gas milage. I have hauled a double-size bed, lumber,dining room table,replacement windows-all stayed put thanks to tie downs. We also haul large dogs and they slide a bit-a rug held down with hook/loop tape solved this problem. My father made fun of this little car, til he drove it. He is now trading his 05 Ford for a 06 Matrix.

cargo tie downs.

Good car from Toyota
By turkf26

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

All in all the Toyota matrix is a great car to drive. Couple things I dislike is the lack of power in the XR and base models. Also it seems that everything inside the car squeaks or rattles when you drive. Other than that, itís a great car made by another great company.

Cargo room, folding flat seats, ease of customization, comfort, gas mileage

Different motor, better fit and finish on interior

2004 Matrix is my Best Buy choice
By Will

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

After one year of owning this car, I can only say that my love for it has grown stronger. From the comfort, to the styling, performance and utility, this car excels in every aspect. Every time someone rides with me, they always say, "that's so cool!" or, "wow, I did not know a car so cheap would have so many features!". This is the best car I have ever owned.

My favorite features would have to be the in-dash 6 disc CD changer, the 110 volt power outlet and the multiple storage bins .

My only gripes about the car were that there was a rattle in the moon roof, and the storage box in the shifter oped on its own. Both problems were easily fixed under warranty at my local dealer.