Used 2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Matrix - Consumer Reviews

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:

Practical
By ciara63

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This car is great for everything! Couldn't ask for a more practical car and fun at the same time.

Favorite Features

Fold down seats, and being that it is a 6 speed

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage only because California has the highest gas prices around.

My fav car
By Lilabeth

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is such a wonderful car I love the way it handles and the sound system in it..its a great car

Favorite Features

My fav is the 6 disc cd changer

Suggested Improvements

None

I love this Car
By Eric Morales

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

love the car Bad to deal with dealer

Favorite Features

Navigation System

Toyota Matrix (Basic Model)
By steelwife

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

First let me say that I have always purchased American made vehicles and was skeptical about buying a Foreign made car. Before buying my Matrix, I used edmunds.com and other sites and did many hours of research. It wasn't until I saw and test drove the Matrix that I realized what I was missing!! When you first sit in this car, it has the feeling of a mini-van. The Matrix handles curves like a dream and is very fun to drive. I paid $16,388.00 for the base model which has an automatic transmission, cruise, A/C, power door,power locks and stereo with C/D player. The floor mats are even good quality and look snazzy with Matrix written at the corners!!!

Favorite Features

Gas Mileage, Size, Body Style, Basic Options, Storage space. There isn't really anything I do not like about this vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

If I could change one thing, it would be the wiper function bar. I find myself looking down to see what funtion it is on and that could be a problem if I am on the interstate. It is not a huge problem and once I get use to it, I'll be fine!

I love my Matrix!!!
By JCZThomp

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I leased a 2004 Toyota Matrix. I have all the bells and whistles. Moon/sun roof, fog lamps, rear and front under spoilers, luggage rack, which I might add, the Matrix just is not a Matrix without the luggage rack. This car is easy to drive, operate, maintain, and much roomier than I had expected. It is versatile, cute, quick, sporty and gets good gas mileage. I can fit my groceries, and a small stroller in the back. It has an amazingly fast rear and front window defroster, and the air conditioner filter works wonderfully, expecially if you are behind a really stinky automobile. I am pleasantly suprised and have been very happy with my lease.

Favorite Features

I love the moon/sun roof, the self sufficient lights, the "cannot lock your keys in the car" feature, the easy to read radio, the gauges in red, The handlability, fast or slow, the car will not shimmy or shake.

Suggested Improvements

The 5.9 inches of ground clearance, which I keep fully engrained in my head, would really do well with being raised a bit especially if you are one of the fortunate ones to have the really cute front/rear under spoilers surrounding your Matrix.