2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:
Simply a great car
By Rossco on 06/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Have put 2000K on the car already and found it to be very confortable to drive. Good suspension and good handling. Gas milage is what first turned me on to the car with 47M/G Price for the `04 (in Can $$'s) was only $21,000

Matrix the swiss army knife of cars
By TRD fan on 06/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

The Toyota Matrix has to be one of the best Toyota's I've owned. I have had sports cars, trucks, everything and this car seems to cover each of those vehicles needs perfectly. It's fast and fun as a daily driver, and gas mileage is excellent. Interior space is cavernous on the Matrix. I purchased an 8' Live Oak tree and fit it w/out bending into my Matrix with the hatchback fully closed! Enough said regarding that issue. Exterior wise, this car is very sleek and gives just a little hint of aggression in it's lines. Very nice... Overall, you get a sports car, a truck, and a Toyota all in one.

GREAT CAR!!! - WORTH IT!!!
By Matrix driver on 06/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I recently purchased an XRS model, and it drives GREAT! It is worth anything to get this car, or at least test it. The dealership was VERY nice, and polite. It is very fun to drive, and is my favorite car i have owned so far. I love all of the features that come with the XRS. the 180hp engine is a grest start. It has wonderful accelleration, and has a punchy, yet smooth ride. Great car- will consider buying another for wife!

MATRIX IS BEST CAR IN CLASS
By halowse on 06/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Only been driving for a month but it seems that Toyota has fixed everything that people complained about in the '03. Guages are bright and look cool, no rattles or squeaks, and the handles awesome. Got the 04 XR AWD because we do a lot of snowboarding in the winter and AWD seemed smart for getting in and out of the resorts. Even without the XRS's more powerful engine the car still seems really zippy, and the handling is incredible.

A Spacious Little Pocket Rocket
By docdoc on 06/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I needed a hatchback or a wagon for my mobile lifestyle. The Matrix's fuel economy and Toyota reliability drew me to it initially, and I am astonished at the fuel economy in my first 2 weeks of ownership. I have put 600 miles on it and am approaching 38-40 MPG in mostly highway driving. It's a quiet ride, with responsive handling and perky pickup. It's simple to load and unload, and transports folks with mobility problems easily.

Made for female dimensions
By Mark P. on 05/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

03 XRS 6-sp. Solidly built, well designed. The XRS engine doesn't make good power until above 6000 rpm, which means that if you need to GO, you can't do it right away. Ours spends a lot of time on I-95, and the A/C condenser takes a lot of abuse from stones. We put chicken wire behind the grille to stop that. My only gripe is that the driver's seat and wheel/pedals are made for someone with short legs. It fits my wife perfectly, but if I sit close enough to the wheel to be comfortable, the pedals are too close. I'm only 5'10". I suspect that it was designed with women in mind, who tend to have shorter legs.

cool
By viƱas on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

its a grait car

Matrix is great!
By BKO on 05/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

We purchased the Matrix as our third car but drive it every day. It handles well, is extremely comfortable, and uses interior space very efficiently.

Disappointed
By G James on 05/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Poor Performance. Steering is very sluggish

xrs
By matrix xrs on 05/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

the matrix xrs is a wonderful wagon. it is affordable has lots of headroom and sporty. i am 6'2" and space was an issue but not with the matix. i spent 19000 plus tax. the engine in the matrix xrs has plenty of horses to pass on freeways and accelerate on the shortest on ramps. the matrix is a great little wagon