Used 2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:

2 For the Road
By Cactus Buckeye

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We bought 2! 2000 4Runner lease up & air went out on 1993 Escort ~ had to get 2 vehicles. "Sacrifice" coming down from 4Runner, "Plus" coming up from Escort. Bottom line, a happy medium & long term - Toyota dependability.

1 Cosmic Blue & 1 Lunar Mist & good window tints ~ sharp! Moonroofs make it, or in our case ~ sunroofs! Love the sporty dash. Surprisingly roomy.

Downgrade from 4Runner! Lack of power, comfort, storage & goodbye smooth ride. Up from Escort, sweet! Would be perfect with a 2.4 liter engine & few tweeks here & there.

the toyota matrix
By trekker

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car. It is fun to drive and it has great performance. At today's gas prices it fuel economy is greatly appreciated. I like the way the seats fold down to allow room to carry all sorts of things.

The way the is designed creates alot of inside space. I love the look of the car and I love the attention I get when I drive it. I am constantly showing it to people.

The plug in the dash does not allow enough room to plug a charger into it.

Neo, we found the matrix
By zume

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great car, pick-up is four cylider style, a little weak. But I love the car. Doors are a little hard to close, and sunroof sticks a little. but doesn't matter in the long run.

moonroof, and window hatch. shiney gauges, and 6 disk in dash changer. the plug on the dash.

make both seats be able to fold down for sleeping, and back seats be able to recline a bit.

Our "tan" Matrix
By dmartin

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We purchased our 2003 Matrix last May. It is a lot of fun to drive and handles like a dream. So far we have only one complaint. When it is sunny, you cannot see the odometer with sunglasses on. The head and leg room are great. We have taken it on our first real family vacation last summer and look forward to another great vacation this summer. Thank you, Toyota for bringing back the "wagon".

We really like the hatch window. It really comes in handy for us. We also like the split seat. We have one child and we can haul things and still have a place for him to sit. One other feature that we like is the way the vehicle heats up so quickly in the winter.

As mentioned before, the digital odometer is very difficult to read when it is sunny. We have found that we have to take our sunglasses off and lean in to read it. We also do not like the fact that you do not have a choice as to whether the lights are on or not.

SAFE AND SPORTY
By MARK NGUYEN

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

THE CAR IS GREAT TO HANDLE AND A GREAT VEHICLE TO TAKE AROUND IF YOU NEED SPACE AND COMFORT. I TAKE MY MATRIX WITH ME EVERY WEEKEND TO THE BEACH ABOUT 100 MILES FROM WHERE I LIVE. IT HAS PLENTY OF ROOM FOR MY 9 FOOT 9 SURFBOARD AND 2 FRIENDS.

PASSENGER SIDE SEATS FOLD DOWN SO U CAN TRANSPORT LONG MATERIALS LIKE MY SURF BOARD, THE SPORTY EXTERIOR AND INTERIOR DESIGN.

FIX THE COMPARTMENT UNDER THE STICK TO STAY CLOSED WHEN THERE ARE OBJECTS INSIDE. TOO MANY COINS CAUSES THE LITTLE COMPARTMENT TO OPEN ON CONTACT.