2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:
Matrix Loaded
By Matrix Loaded on 08/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Excellent car for the money. I did a lot of research before my purchase. I bought the XRS version with all options except the navigation system. The car is fun to drive yet offers loads of interior space. Seats are comfortable.

My Race Car
By THX1138 on 08/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

That's what my wife calls it anyway. It handles very well. The higher seat position exaggerates the feeling of lean in a turn. It stops very well. Brakes feel is good. The engine is loud above 3500rpm and pulls strongly from about 3k. It rides quietly in 6th. You can shift early and putter around quietly or you can rev it and hear the roar. This car will move if you want it to. The 6 speed shifts nicely. The throws are short and precise. The dead pedal is a little closer than I'd like. The seating position is otherwise fine for me. Visibility is good. Ride is a little stiffer than my wife's 98 Civic, but still good enough for me with 17" wheels.

Toyota Matrix 2004 XR
By Kitkat on 08/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I really enjoy the handling of the car. It is very comfortable to sit in as well as driving it. It has alot of room especially in the cargo area which really suprised me. I really can't think of anything that might be wrong.

A great little car
By cindeee on 08/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This little car is fun to drive. It is good on gas milage and with the way the gas prices keep going up.... It's a good thing. I also like how easy it is carry stuff around.The sets are very easy to lay down for road trips or just going around town. Here where I live we can tinit our windows and I have Limo tint on the back 3 windows and a dark tint on the drivers side. The car looks sharpe!!!Great Car....

matrix
By francisco on 08/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

in one word: we love our matrix

One month experience.....
By Penyos on 08/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car from Crown Toyota(CA) and I had problem with the lower compartment, becuz it will not closed. Come on! this car is brand new car and I never expected such this will happened to me. The customer service is completely disappointed!!! So don't waste your time and money at this dealer!

Identity Crisis
By redpill on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Basically I love my new Matrix, will you? Who knows! I can say that you will at least love a few things that it does, and maybe even hate a few. It does almost everything you would like a car to do and more. Not a bad deal for 20,000!

Best Car on the Road
By MatrixLover on 08/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my car last Nov. and still love it just as much as the day I bought it. I have always been a Toyota person, but this is the best! It is perfect for someone like me who needs the cargo space of an SUV (for a large dog) and the fuel economy of a car. With the great turning radius and small size it is just the thing for running around town.

Love my 'Trix
By SpeedTek on 08/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been a blast since day one. It would be nice if Toyota would give them a little more low end torque, but once you get them rolling, these babies go! Excellent cargo space and utilty all rolled up into a very eye appealing package. I get so many comments on this car it's unbelievable. Very comfortable on long trips, good on gas and fun to drive. A winner in my books.

GOING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION
By SDRIFLEMAN on 08/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I AM THE OWNER OF TWO MATRIX AND XRS 6SPEED MANUAL AND A XR 4WHEEL DRIVE THE XRS IS A FUN VEHICLE TO DRIVE IT IS VERY QUICK AND HANDLES GREAT IN AND OUT OF TRAFFIC THE XR DRIVES JUST AS GOOD HANDLES THE CORNERS BETTER THAT MOST OTHER CARS THE HEAD AND LEG ROOM IS GREAT I AM HOPING THAT TOUOYA COMES OUT WITH A TWO DOOR MODEL THIS CAR WOULD MAKE A GOOD RALLY CAR TOYOTA HAS DONE IT AGAIN