2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon 1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews 2

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon - Consumer Reviews

XR Wagon (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:
Great Small Wagon
By George on 03/23/06 06:05 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I just turn in my leased Matrix, and it has been a great small car for me at the time when I lease it. It has a lot of room when the back seat and the front Pass. seat are all folded down to help me move. Great little city car. It was avg. for gas 33MPG traveling to and from work. Only one thing happened, the front right shock was bad when the car was first new and that was quickly replaced for free. No other trouble with the car. I just follow the book when to do all the services.

I'm going to drive this into the ground
By Brian Hoeft on 03/13/06 17:49 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I would still purchase this car. The only complaint that I have ever heard of for this car is the road and engine noise. I only heard that comment about a year after I purchased it and didn't honestly notice it until then although now I do. A+ for breaking ability. B for acceleration. A+ for forard view. C for rear viewing ability.

Father loves it.
By Marti on 10/27/05 13:22 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Love this little car-I went from 90 s10 blazer to this veh. Great gas milage. I have hauled a double-size bed, lumber,dining room table,replacement windows-all stayed put thanks to tie downs. We also haul large dogs and they slide a bit-a rug held down with hook/loop tape solved this problem. My father made fun of this little car, til he drove it. He is now trading his 05 Ford for a 06 Matrix.

Good car from Toyota
By turkf26 on 04/30/05 12:25 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

All in all the Toyota matrix is a great car to drive. Couple things I dislike is the lack of power in the XR and base models. Also it seems that everything inside the car squeaks or rattles when you drive. Other than that, itís a great car made by another great company.

2004 Matrix is my Best Buy choice
By Will on 03/28/05 20:14 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

After one year of owning this car, I can only say that my love for it has grown stronger. From the comfort, to the styling, performance and utility, this car excels in every aspect. Every time someone rides with me, they always say, "that's so cool!" or, "wow, I did not know a car so cheap would have so many features!". This is the best car I have ever owned.

Good at First - Not happy now
By Bill on 03/11/05 00:49 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The car was great for a year, then the heat mixer dial broke, dealer fixed, then I push the 4 way button and it falls into the dash, ok, dealer fixed, lately the car has a bad idle vibration and engine stumbles at stops, dealer said this is how this engine runs, paint scratches easy and it's starting to rattle in thedash, I don't think toyota quality is all that great. Don't go with this one, wont buy toyota again, I'll trade it for a Mazda. Oh the door under the stick keeps popping open like a jack in the box. Don't think this car will last.

My Matrix
By Chris on 12/15/04 20:27 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Has been the best car I've ever owned. Mileage usually about 30mpg, sometimes more if highway only driving. GREAT cornering and handling ability. Fun to drive with enough power to pass safely in reasonable situations. Back seats lower flat instead of the SUVs that don't go all the way down flat, so is great for cargo. A truly great vehicle!

The Matrix is a Great Choice
By plutes on 10/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a Matrix the first time I opened the hatchback and realized that the flat folding back seats would easily fit two bikes inside. And the high gas mileage. For a seemingly small car, it is so very roomy, for the driver and front and backseat passengers...and I've had some bigger than average folks enjoying the ride. It's zippy, it get great gas mileage, it has a unique exterior style. I got the 'cosmic blue' color and I love it.

X-il-R-ating
By Andy H on 08/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great commuter car with alot of versatility for errands. Extremely functional, and even though targeted for younger consumers(IE Gen X, Y, & Zers), I have found that it works for me at 42. Nice alternative to an SUV, plus better gas mileage and it still handles in the snow. Fun to drive & both my dogs love it too!

sweet
By jay hill on 05/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

a great car for the price and time of high gas prices