2003 Toyota Matrix Consumer Review: The Matrix reviewed by an owne

2003 Toyota Matrix - Consumer Review

XRS Wagon (1.8L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

The Matrix reviewed by an owner
By Azilegirl on

2003 Toyota Matrix XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

My husband and I bought an XRS with a 6 speed manual. We'd been eying the car since it first debuted at the auto show as perhaps an answer to our car dilema. My husband loves how the XRS has so much power. It handles very nicely for such a tall car. (The 17 inch wheels help). It's roomier than I had expected and I suspect part of the reason for that is because the seats are set high in the car. Riding in the car, you feel like you're high off the road.

Solid feel. Fast and responsive with decent body roll for a tall car. Versatile, with nice features like tables and mesh cargo bags. Lots of storage! We upgraded the radio, and it has very nice features and sounds very nice for a stock radio. Great car for a low price.

Too bad the navigation system and sunroof is not available with the 17 inch wheels. Unfortunate that the 4wd system is not available with the larger engine. The engine has low torque, which is dissappointing. 80% of the parts are not Japanese. We hope this doesn't compromise reliability.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review