2003 Toyota Matrix XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
Based on a test drive, I feel that the matrix is a very well-designed car. It is versatile (folding the front passenger seat and the back seats down provides room for a lot of stuff), and it is sporty (good acceleration & braking, and a smooth but slightly firm ride). The two things that impressed me the most were the roomy feel (decent back seat leg room and good head room) and the ride (much smoother than expected).
2. sporty - good handling, acceleration and braking.
3. Toyota quality - should be very reliable.
4. very good fuel economy
1. The matrix is a little pricey.
2. The rear window is very small
3. the steering wheel feels too close to the instrument panel
4. the red gauges are a little hard to see
5. the back seats feel pretty firm
6. the back seat cup holders look really flimsy.
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.