2003 Toyota Matrix Consumer Review: Matrix Rocks

2003 Toyota Matrix - Consumer Review

XR Wagon (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Matrix Rocks
By teebone on

2003 Toyota Matrix XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I get lots of looks in this sporty car, and on my first long-distance trip (2400 miles) I got 40 MPG! It corners/handles well, has great brakes, and I was getting scratch in third gear at two years old. Amazing power for fast starts and getaways. I had seven Hondas before getting this Toyota, but I don't think I could go back to Honda. I had to replace the air filter located under the glove compartment, and debated about going to the dealer. However, it was only a few dollars and I was shocked!

Great gas mileage! I get 36 in town if I keep it below 40-45 mph or keep the RPM under 2000. I turn the A/C off when going up hills, and coast down long hills, and I coast around corners if possible. Visibility is great; I love the folding seats and leg room front n back. Air n heat work great, too.

Softer fabric material for the seats? This car is so nice and comfortable. I can't think of much I would improve. Maybe make it in a larger model, not much larger, but maybe wider and a teeny weeny bit longer. How's dat? =:o