2003 Toyota Matrix - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:
Seen one, tested one, bought one
By badmana on 03/07/02 13:44 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Matrix XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Although I've only been driving the XRS for 10 days, 18 hours I can tell you that the Matrix rocks. No rattling, noises or any problems except for maybe a burned clutch (first time driving a manual) this car is really fun to drive.

You must judge this car from the inside
By MyNameIsNeo on 03/02/02 21:52 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Matrix Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Function. The Matrix is superior in every aspect of why you want an affordable 5 door hatchback. Cargo, comfort, driving pleasure wrapped under $17k. Comfort. It simply has the best interior passenger ergonomics in this, or perhaps any, class. Cargo? Perhaps the coolest thing about the car- flat bedliner flooring with tie downs and under flooring cubby holes. Fun. Forget the horsepower numbers. It won't snap you kneck, but it will crack your smile.

i love it!!!!
By jamie keifer on 03/02/02 15:57 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Matrix AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I enjoyed this car more than any other that I have ever driven in my life!!!! It is the best car that exists!!

XRS no more AUTO?now 3/1/02
By XRS on 03/02/02 03:38 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Matrix XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

No XRS in Auto no more? 3/1/02? Car is only a month old and now stopping production of Automatics 180hp? No standard 3-1 radio/cass/cd No sunroof on XRX? Have to add on? No leather seats?

Test Drive
By anonymous on 03/01/02 20:31 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Matrix XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Based on a test drive, I feel that the matrix is a very well-designed car. It is versatile (folding the front passenger seat and the back seats down provides room for a lot of stuff), and it is sporty (good acceleration & braking, and a smooth but slightly firm ride). The two things that impressed me the most were the roomy feel (decent back seat leg room and good head room) and the ride (much smoother than expected).

Dream Car
By The Champ on 02/28/02 11:57 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Matrix XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

features of suv and car - U get it all.

Incredible Toyota does it again
By skrotofil on 02/27/02 14:20 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Matrix XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

It's an optical illusion from the outside-it appears that the seating would be "low" --instead The seats are spring/cushy and sit high.(Before I had a Subaru Outback, the seats sit just as high.) Wonderful ride, handling and Fun to drive. The best part MPG. My first ank of gas was a combinaton of Houston traffic and highway miles 30.8 with my AUTOMATIC

Matrix 2003
By Paul Royka on 02/26/02 14:29 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Matrix XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Great cross-over from Toyota. We had a Mountaineer and replaced it with the Matrix and what a fun car, SUV, sports car or whatever you want to use and feel from this vehicle. It has a little bit from all.

The Matrix reviewed by an owner
By Azilegirl on 02/11/02 20:01 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Matrix XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

My husband and I bought an XRS with a 6 speed manual. We'd been eying the car since it first debuted at the auto show as perhaps an answer to our car dilema. My husband loves how the XRS has so much power. It handles very nicely for such a tall car. (The 17 inch wheels help). It's roomier than I had expected and I suspect part of the reason for that is because the seats are set high in the car. Riding in the car, you feel like you're high off the road.

Hot Hot Hot Matrix
By Jamie K. on 02/09/02 21:17 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Matrix XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

What an absolutely superb vehicle! As far as the looks go, it looks much better in person than the photos. This is a real head-turner that has great lines and a sporty look. The interior is super cool. everything looks sporty and is in a convenient location. It has a lot of very cool features. The ride is excellent and smooth. I feel that it does have a very nice burst of power. This car is surprisingly roomy. Overall it is a real "Home Run" for Toyota. I highly recommend it to anyone