2003 Toyota Matrix - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:
into the future
By matt69 on 03/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Matrix XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

you have to try one, if you can

When is an option not an option
By buzz006 on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Matrix XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I was moving up from a 1990 Toyota Corolla. I could not fathom why the Heavy Duty heater option with the rear windshield wiper was an option, but every car had it. Every time I brought it up, they said they could not do for me what I wanted. I suggested the just raise the price $250.00 and call is standard rather than an option. I ended up buying what they have in stock. Today it went down to freezing and I turned on the wipers and nothing happened with the frost on my Windshield. I turned them off and put on the air on high and defrost on and heat on. Winin about 1 minute the windshield was clear. I was happy to see this.

just bought one
By Kan on 03/17/02 08:40 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Matrix XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

so much fun to drive, it looks better than it appears on photos, and much roomier than I expected too... the design is very detail-oriented, paying attention to little things such as lights, storage spaces, and more... overall Toyota quality: I was also looking at others cars, such as Mazda Protege 5 (which is also beautiful), but I decided to go for Matrix because the quality is better.

Matrix XR
By andrewcrose on 03/17/02 08:35 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Matrix XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Great car...was same price as fully loaded civic we had looked at earlier, but felt much more 'solid'. Extremely comfortable, drives very well, and looks somewhat flashy.

Matrix owner 2002
By R on 03/15/02 14:34 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Matrix XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Fun to drive although they can put more HP for this car. Sleek interior and nice exterior. Not the best fuel economy though.

Japanese Beauty
By Moises Martinez on 03/14/02 20:28 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Matrix XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Man This Car is awesome!!! Its a monster on the street and it takes out all of the Civics on the street.That's why I love My Matrix XRS. Keep up the good work Toyota,you hit a homerun with this one.

The best imaginative experience
By Bubbacrews on 03/14/02 10:58 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Matrix Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Well, I never really dove the car i just sat in it to see if I wanted to buy it, I want to but right now I just don't have the money to but I will try to get it ASAP.All i have to say is that the car is a great and if you imagine driving the car you feel like that you are free from everything. Thanks for the fun experience.

Fun Fun Fun.....at 6000+ RPMs
By Mr.Pink on 03/14/02 10:19 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Matrix XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I am very impressed with every aspect of this vehicle. It has the looks. It's got power. It's exceptionally versatile...and it's great on gas. The vehicle handles very tight considering it's ride height. The suspension is taught but not rough. The engine (2ZZ Celica GTS Engine) is silky smooth. It's a blast when you hit the 6000 RPM threshold where VVTL-i kicks in...sets you back in your seat. The creature comforts and standard features all play nicely in this very affordable pocket rocket. Highly Recommended!

Fun car to drive.
By vparque on 03/14/02 04:07 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Matrix XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I like everything about this car but two things: 1. Not enough power. The car does not accelerate fast enough. 2. No covering for the trunk area. I want to put a subwoofer in my car, but I don't want to show it to everyone who walks by my car when I park it on the street.

A fun car to live with !
By SteveM on 03/13/02 12:49 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Matrix Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my Matrix about a month now and still get a little thrill out of driving it. I chose the base model with auto and the winter package as it really doesn't look/feel like a typical base model. Beware, the ride is too sports car like for some. I've since realized that the front seats are about an inch too high for me (I'm 6ft. tall). I have to slouch if I want to rest my elbows on longer drives. Kinda wish I'd bitten the bullet and gone for the XR. Live and learn !