2003 Toyota Matrix Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:
A little disappointed.
By Art XR on 04/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am a little disappointed with the quality of the interior. Very hard plastic arm rest and many other components. Rattling noises all over. Inside the doors and under the dash. Loud under power engine. I enjoy the gas milage and smooth power train. Can't imagine to rev this engine over 6000 rpm to get extra horse power. I hope that Toyota's reputation will prevail again.

XRS great car but it uses premium gas
By tdvr on 04/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Matrix Wagon XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

The XRS is very stylish. It has a lot of power for hills. Interior features are great. Note, when you get this vehicle that it uses premium gas (octane > 91). The ride, with the "sport tuned suspension" is a bit choppy on the highway.

Indigo Inkin'
By inki on 04/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Matrix Wagon Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car was made for me! I waited through the Focus, Civic, PT Cruiser -- Toyota wins the hatchback revival contest with this one.

Lovin' It So Far!
By MatrixGotMe on 04/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Just bought the Matrix XR over the weekend and I must say that I really like it. I got the FWD automatic because shifting bites in DC traffic and because its intended to be the "family car". I would have gotten the XRS but I figure if I wanted a bigger engine then I would have gotten a sports car. People look at the car everywhere I go and its because its a great looking car.

It's hard not to love this car
By Jedi on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Matrix Wagon XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I just put 1,000 miles on my new XRS and I've enjoyed every mile of it. It took me a little time to learn how to really drive this car. You can shift at around 4,000 rpm and get a really smooth ride out of it. Or you can rev it up to its power band (6,000-8,000 rpm) and get a lot more speed out of it, But keeping it in the power band takes a little practice on the open road. looking at the car you would not think it handles nearly as well as it does. It has a low center of gravity which gives it great handling around turns at high speeds. Do try and See this car in person, pictures do not do it justice. Its truly a joy to drive and it's practical.

my matrix
By cchanpa on 03/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Matrix Wagon XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Excellent Car

wow what a machine
By harryj on 03/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

awesome

Loving It!
By fgouge on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Matrix Wagon XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I looked at all the SUV's in the $25,000 and this has more than any of them! What a great looking, great handling, versitle car! It's a blast to drive and a joy to ride in! Toyota did it right the first time with the car! The 6 speed and safety features are the tops! This will be my car until I pass it to my daughter in 6 years for her first car! I know it will go the distance and then some!

Beachcomber Review
By Beachcomber on 03/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

- Excellent craftsmanship and performance for the money. - Handles like a dream and is fun to drive. Hugs the road. - Very roomy interior, much like a larger vehicle. Well placed interior - easy to reach. - Great gas mileage! - Excellent safety features.

christine's Matrix
By bunnyma on 03/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Matrix Wagon Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I love it