2003 Toyota Matrix - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:
Hatchback, SUV or Wagon, a GREAT CAR!
By matrixfan on 04/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Matrix Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

When I first saw the car, even though I thought it was the right car for me, I was hesitant to buy it because of the looks. But now it looks better now that I am used to it. It is a great car, quiet and roomy, with good handling and braking. And because it is a Toyota, build quality and reliability will be sound. I love my car!

XRS great car but it uses premium gas
By tdvr on 04/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Matrix XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

The XRS is very stylish. It has a lot of power for hills. Interior features are great. Note, when you get this vehicle that it uses premium gas (octane > 91). The ride, with the "sport tuned suspension" is a bit choppy on the highway.

Indigo Inkin'
By inki on 04/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Matrix Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car was made for me! I waited through the Focus, Civic, PT Cruiser -- Toyota wins the hatchback revival contest with this one.

Lovin' It So Far!
By MatrixGotMe on 04/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Matrix XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Just bought the Matrix XR over the weekend and I must say that I really like it. I got the FWD automatic because shifting bites in DC traffic and because its intended to be the "family car". I would have gotten the XRS but I figure if I wanted a bigger engine then I would have gotten a sports car. People look at the car everywhere I go and its because its a great looking car.

It's hard not to love this car
By Jedi on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Matrix XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I just put 1,000 miles on my new XRS and I've enjoyed every mile of it. It took me a little time to learn how to really drive this car. You can shift at around 4,000 rpm and get a really smooth ride out of it. Or you can rev it up to its power band (6,000-8,000 rpm) and get a lot more speed out of it, But keeping it in the power band takes a little practice on the open road. looking at the car you would not think it handles nearly as well as it does. It has a low center of gravity which gives it great handling around turns at high speeds. Do try and See this car in person, pictures do not do it justice. Its truly a joy to drive and it's practical.

my matrix
By cchanpa on 03/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Matrix XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Excellent Car

wow what a machine
By harryj on 03/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

awesome

Loving It!
By fgouge on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Matrix XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I looked at all the SUV's in the $25,000 and this has more than any of them! What a great looking, great handling, versitle car! It's a blast to drive and a joy to ride in! Toyota did it right the first time with the car! The 6 speed and safety features are the tops! This will be my car until I pass it to my daughter in 6 years for her first car! I know it will go the distance and then some!

Beachcomber Review
By Beachcomber on 03/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Matrix XR AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

- Excellent craftsmanship and performance for the money. - Handles like a dream and is fun to drive. Hugs the road. - Very roomy interior, much like a larger vehicle. Well placed interior - easy to reach. - Great gas mileage! - Excellent safety features.

christine's Matrix
By bunnyma on 03/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

I love it