2003 Toyota Matrix Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:
A great overall vehicle
By zaxer on 04/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Matrix Wagon Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

As a VW loyalist, it was hard to look beyond the VW dealership when I started looking for my next vehicle. Yet, after looking through their offerings, I knew I had to fairly reconsider some of the competition. VW's have increased in price since reinvigoating the brand with the "New Beetle". The 2 models I seriously considered (Golf & Jetta) had cramped back seats and weren't places I would choose to spend on a short road trip. Enter the Matrix, albeit funky looks (love it or hate it), the utility of the vehicle was a big seller. Nice leg room in the back seats for my average 6'0 height, mileage is good, comfortable seating position, all for a decent price.

Matrix
By nvjohn on 04/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Matrix Wagon XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased a Matrix a little over a month ago. So far I am very pleased. The gas mileage is great - averaging 27 mpg for mostly city driving. The interior is funtional and roomy. The styling is a little different, but overall it is a good looking car (although a little goofy from some angles). Performance is great - especially when the timing changes above 6000 rpm.

This car was made for me!
By PaulFed on 04/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Matrix Wagon Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car was made for me! I love it!!!

My fave
By Twist on 04/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Matrix Wagon XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I may only be 16 but I've driven some fast cars. This one is my favorite. Speedy, good braking and amazing handling are only a few of it's great layout. The gauges are easy to read and they look especially nice in the dark. The in-dash shifter is a bit finiky to begin with but after a few drives it becomes natural. 10/10 A definite buy and worth the price. Model: XRS Color: Black w/ black interior Trans: 6 speed manual Options: All except for 17" wheels Extras: 16" Konig Maxxim 187 wheels

Great "Vehicle". cant call it a car
By WVcop on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car for the wife as a "work" car because she liked the looks and it got great gas milage. i drive a police car all day and have an '86 trans am that i enjoy on the weekends. The Matrix XR that we got is just as fun to drive as either one of them. I highly recomend the Matrix.

matrix
By enrique on 04/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Matrix Wagon XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

very nice performance for a young person. you can fit two full size adults and a child in back seat.

Great Car For The Money
By 03matrixXRS on 04/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Matrix Wagon XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Bought my XRS last night, 4-6 weeks until I take delivery. The car offers more versatility for the money than any other car we looked at in the price range. Its great if you are looking for a fast, fun car that can still handle a bit of cargo. It looks great, but I wish there were more of an aftermarket!

Only 500 miles on it so far
By echowrangler on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I couldn't be happier - Have an XR with both sport packages, moonroof, in white. Very nice car - not as squishy comfortable as a full-size American sedan, but not bad. Lots of room, I'm 6', 250# and there's plenty of headroom and legroom. I like the way the cargo area configures with the back seats folded down.

Is mine the only one?
By jinro on 04/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've been driving this car for 3 weeks now, and from the very first day I bought this car and till now, there are so much rattles! Instrument panel rattles, something in the back of the car rattles (I think it's the hatch) Also, CD player scratches the CD when braking! You can actually hear it, if you lower the volume. This is my first Toyota, and it is dissapointing. Is mine the only one doing all this????

A little disappointed.
By Art XR on 04/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am a little disappointed with the quality of the interior. Very hard plastic arm rest and many other components. Rattling noises all over. Inside the doors and under the dash. Loud under power engine. I enjoy the gas milage and smooth power train. Can't imagine to rev this engine over 6000 rpm to get extra horse power. I hope that Toyota's reputation will prevail again.