2003 Toyota Matrix - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:
I just bought it yesterday
By quinquagesima on 05/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Matrix Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I just got this car yesterday and I love it. We have packed full of everything and we are moving. This car is going to get us to Ohio.

Great Car All Around
By SusieW on 05/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Matrix Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Roomy interior, excellent cargo space, and surprising standard features such as a CD player and outside temperature gauge. I have the manual transmission, and shifting is super smooth. Quiet ride, no rattles. I bought it because the Corolla engine has consistently achieved high reliability ratings over a long period of time, but the car is also just plain fun to drive.

Just Love It!!
By Happy Buyer on 05/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Matrix XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

We looked for this car for a while, it was hard to find the car with the color and features that we wanted but at the end our dealer found it the day we were about to buy another car!! Thanks god he found it!!! We LOVE IT!!! Highly recommended!!

A Fun Ride
By Mr. Man on 05/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Matrix XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought it because I loved the exterior and the amount of room inside. Performance is about par for this class. No slouch but no burner either. The interior is more hit or miss. The instrumentation can be hard to see in bright sunlight or if the lights are turned on during the day. Fabrics and plastics are pretty good and the seats are comfortable. At the end of the day, I still find myself admiring its looks.

Best Car I've Driven
By symsthree on 05/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Matrix XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car. I drove an Audi A4 for a few years and thought buying a toyota would be a little bit of a drop in class. I was wrong this car is sportier and a great buy. It is perfect for the modern working person, fun to drive and I would recommend that anyone intrested in a fun sport car that won't set you back $30,000 to try this Matrix you will love it.

Dash Board Problem
By Mot on 05/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Matrix Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My car dashboard rattles when I drive specially in the freeway. I took it to the dealer and they just put some insulation in it. The car still rattles, so I will take it back to service.

The Matrix Almost Had Me
By Nearly Neo on 05/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Matrix XR Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The cargo bed is all hard plastic, if you toss anything back there, it's gonna scrape and slide all over the place! Driving the Matrix was not a bad experience. The automatic transmission is smooth, yet a bit slow from a stand still (perhaps a manual would be snappier off the line). The car had a slight delivery van feel to me, particularly in cornering. And the instrument gauges- more than half the drive- I could not see them!- Frustrating! All around visibilty was excellent, however.- No problems in seeing the surrounding traffic. I walked away in appreciation of this new Toyota, but not in love.

leaks & rattles
By b.mclearen on 05/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Matrix XR AWD 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Very versatile car but has lots of rattles in dash and drivers door. The cooling system adeveloped a leak early on. Not typical Toyota quality. Also, is not a "full-Time" 4 wheel drive as advertised by Toyota. Works like the CRV. Front drive until slippage is detected and then up to 50% of the power is transferred to the rear wheels.

huh, r u talking to me?
By The King on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Matrix XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Very fun to drive, especially in the rave range,,,,VROOM! Solid and cool looking

03 Matrix
By nm on 04/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Matrix XRS Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

great car , handles like a GTS