2016 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.7L V8 4x4 8-speed Automatic - (5 reviews )

The most refined TLC yet
By fsung

2016 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

This is my second Toyota Land Cruiser. My was first one was a 1997 Lexus LX450 (a rebadge LC). Over the last 20 years, Land Cruiser has became a luxurious SUV and refined vehicle. While it doesn't have all the bling blings like the its sibling Lexus LX570/range rover/escalade, but I will take simpler suspension system over LX570 and reliability over range rover/escalade. All the new electronics definitely add complexity and cost to repair. However, most of them safety oriented and are welcomed additions for daily driving and also add a sense security if you choose to venture into the wilderness once a while. For its intent purpose, being an overlanding vehicle, LC is by far in it's own category. The only cons is the fuel economy. I don't mind fill up the tank but I wish it had a greater range. You can get out of the wilderness if you're running of gas lol.

Nice vehicle
By Art Solomon

2016 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Wish it had more leg room up front. Like other Japanese cars, this is still an issue for even the Land Cruiser. Performs very well but poor efficiency. Expect it to be extremely reliable. Overall really enjoying the vehicle, but wish it was a little peppier.

Solid SUV
By Spudman

2016 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

This is my first LC and I am very happy with my purchase. I bought this because I have always appreciated the LC's off-road capabilities; my father owned 4 over the last 20 years. As a land owner it is pleasure to drive this amazing vehicle on the highway or off. It is by far the most well-designed suv I have driven and would recommend it to anyone with the need to go off-road and do it in comfort. It is also a plus that it appears modest compared to similar luxury suv's; this definitely helps if you want to keep a low profile.

I love it,Because no one has one
By Jon Bledsoe

2016 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I bought this for my wife, because her Sequoia is too big and the 4Runner was to small. It's perfect size but it's very very expensive.Plus researching the Land cruiser has extremely good resale value . So long story short you're not paying for all of the MSRP unless you keep it for a long time you're just paying for the depreciation of the vehicle if you look at it that way your not paying a lot for the best Toyota out there.

You won't get valet parked out front...BUT!
By Tom Blanchfield

2016 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

This is my second TLC. I had the 2012. This is such an improvement in all the things that make a long drive comfortable or not. The adaptive cruise control on the early edition was overly sensitive. This one seems to know what is coming and gently accelerate or brake. The lane departure warnings and driver alert warnings are important/useful safety aids. The automatic brake thingy saved me front a very expensive accident! It is super quiet on the highway and this car just eats up miles! I traded in another vehicle that I liked that got better fuel mileage(RAM Eco Diesel), but the ownership costs of a Toyota are among the best. RAM had frequent service visits. I have had Audi Q7s with their brake jobs every 12000 miles and recalls. This thing is expected to be both reliable and cheap to maintain! My last TLC was!
While it would be nice if the 3rd row folded flat into the floor, I'd rather have the toughness and reliability of the TLC. I love the rear tailgate, and again you may think you want a powered clamshell rear door, but a split tailgate is so useful in real life situations. The roof hardware is very stout, no need to get a stronger Thule support bracket, like I had to with my Denali. When you add it all up, this is the finest large SUV out there! People who know quality and actually need an off road capable, snow/ice capable, towing capable, night on the town capable, kid capable - large SUV will love their LandCruiser. Those who want the valet to park it out front will get a Range Rover. Only issue is that Toyota should add Wifi like the American vehicles.
10k more miles have passed and everything is the same. The leather on the seats could be a little richer feeling given the cost of the truck but no problems whatsoever from this high quality SUV.