2014 Toyota Land Cruiser Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Toyota Land Cruiser - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.7L V8 4x4 6-speed Automatic - (1 review )

The Best SUV Made
By darwindropple

2014 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I love cars and over the past ten years or so I have owned two GMs, one Ram, and four Toyotas. While not all have been SUVs, there is no question that in terms of quality, construction and reliability, nothing compares to a Land Cruiser. However, as the LC200 dismal sales indicate, many people do not agree. 1) Why pay so much money for a Toyota with bland styling? There is no good answer to this question! If the badge and the styling are the top priorities you are better off with a Mercedes or Land Rover.

The interior fit and finish is far superior on many other SUVs within this price range. 2) Why pay so much for a big and bulky car with such off-road prowess? The LC is a special vehicle that offers a slew of off-road oriented features (KDSS, Crawl, MTS, etc.) that simply are not needed for paved trips to the mall and, also, seem at odds with the cars big and bulky styling. I drive my LC off road for fun and it is amazing. Far superior to my lifted FJ. I don't think many people realize just how capable this vehicle is even when compared to other "designated" off road vehicles.

But even when I am not driving the LC off road, I have tremendous piece of mind knowing that there is very little that this vehicle cannot handle. 3) People in the USA just don't get it. I have seen the Land Cruiser compared to other vehicles such as the Jeep Cherokee or Tahoe. A Toyota salesperson told me that he preferred the Sequoia Platinum for the price. LC owners know that you simply cannot compare this vehicle to anything else on the road. There is simply no other vehicle that feels and drives as solidly and competently. The all time 4wd in the LC is unlike all time 4wd in any other vehicle made. A simply look at the interior and features is only skin deep.

• Sedan