Used 2013 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Toyota Land-cruiser - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.7L V8 4x4 6-speed Automatic - (2 reviews )

Great Family Vehicle that can go anywhere!!
By finnfeather

2013 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I did a lot of research and test drove every full size SUV, before purchasing a 2014 Land Cruiser. I began the search leaning towards a full size range rover, I also looked at the Mercedes GL which is a great SUV. In fact I traded in my 2011 GL 450 for the land cruiser. If I didn't have young children who like to climb all over the seats in wet bathing suits and muddy shoes I might have been more inclined to drop $110k on the range rover, but I am a traditionalist I really like the old school look, durability and reliability of the land cruiser. While the range rover has some impressive features I just didn't like the new look and found myself looking at used 2012 rovers.

Favorite Features

The land cruiser drives and feels like an SUV should. I love the understated but traditional look of the vehicle. I can drive to my country club or my hunting camp and never feel out of place. The vehicle just feels solid and secure no matter what Mother Nature throws at you. I am not sure there is another vehicle made which handles variable road or off road conditions so easily.

Suggested Improvements

My only complaint is the lack of real wood trim in the interior. The simulated wood is disappointing and cheapens what is otherwise a Lexus level interior. I would also like to have the option of a black headliner to match black seats and a panoramic or second sun roof. Compared to other vehicles in the Toyota line up the land cruiser interior is spectacular, but when competing against the Range Rover and Mercedes GL the Land Cruiser definitely lags behind a bit in luxury finish. The Mercedes also has it's own issues as it has very nice wood trim to go along with their mbtex vinyl seats. If you a looking for a large luxury family SUV the land cruiser is tough to beat.

LoveMyNewLandcruiser
By jeaninek

2013 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This SUV is such a great combination of having a truck and luxury at the same time. The fact that you don't see too many of them on the road is nice too. It really stands out. It's so comfortable and FUN to drive. Plus, it has all the amenities you want for making long trips or off road trips a pleasure. It handles exceptional for a heavy vehicle, very tight and responsive. I purchased my Land Cruiser at Huntington Toyota in Huntington Long Island, and they were absolutely wonderful to deal with.

Favorite Features

Smooth & quiet ride, tight responsive handling, easy controls/dash, pure luxury without being overstated. Just a nice all around vehicle. Not too many around either.

Suggested Improvements

Don't see the need for any improvement so far.