Used 2011 Toyota Land Cruiser Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Land-cruiser - Consumer Reviews

2011 Toyota Land Cruiser

Base 5.7L V8 4x4 6-speed Automatic - (3 reviews )

3 Years later and strong as ever
By pjcrage

2011 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Following up on my post from May of 2011, I can report that this SUV has performed flawlessly and other than a few nits, reliability has been outstanding. The only problem with this situation is that although my heart would love to look at a newer LC my head says no way. This is a durable and solid performer that begs you to keep it till it can take no more and that is likey many many years from now. Nothing more to say, it is the finest vehicle I have ever owned and since this is my 25th vehicle over the past 33 years that is saying a lot.... Its not cheap but ultimately in this case you get what you are willing to pay for.

Favorite Features

Reliability, durability, performance and comfort in all on road, off road and weather conditions.

Suggested Improvements

I cannot think of anything significant enough to mention....but I assume there are likely some...

Built to Last - The Most Solid SUV on the Road
By car108

2011 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

My 2011 LC Cruiser is by far my favorite car purcahse ever. While I understand why so many dislike the rather bland exterior styling, knock the plastic interior, and question the high price, one drive on and off the pavement will explain why this SUV simply can not be matched by anything else on the road. On pavement the Cruiser handles well and is MUCH easier to park than my old Tahoe. This car always feels solid and safe. Off road this car really comes to life. In the Low drive function in mud, on uneven ground, and on rocky gravel the KDSS suspension makes this car handle like a dream. While the interior is not on the level of a Rover, this car always feels solid, unlike the Rover.

Favorite Features

Suspension and drive on and off road. Build quality and reliabilty. The best climate system in ANY SUV. The feeling of having the safest most well built car on the road. The thing about the LC is the sense of reliability and quality. Everything from the windshield wipers to the climate system to the rear view camera (while all available on cars costing a quarter of the price) are of top quality and function. You really can't understand this car until you drive it and the more it's driven the more it's appreciated.

Suggested Improvements

Mechanics prohibit fold flat third row seat...Crawl Control is fun addition but even with my off roading I have never really had to use it. The 2013 has lots of extra gimmicks, rader cam for cruise control, side cams, more crawl control degrees, all fun but not sure they are needed.

Very Impressed so far
By pjcrage

2011 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second Land Cruiser and I am impressed thus far. My last was a 2006 (last generation) and I was not happy with it trading it in after less than a year. The 2011 has improved in MANY areas. Handling, comfort, conveniences, performance are all significantly upgraded in this generation of the LC.

Favorite Features

Crawl feature, nifty heated wipers, ample power and acceleration, roomy comfort with precise handling for a large off road suv.

Suggested Improvements

Storage in center console somewhat lacking, I did like the captains chairs in earlier LC's.