What was Toyota thinking for interior?
By 911skibum on
2009 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)
I bought the 2009 LC for the new engine and transmission which are outstanding. The interior of my old LC was a light tan. The new interior is three different colors and is like sitting in a cave. Very bad design. Black dash? UGLY!!! The other BIG problem is that you cannot remove the 3rd row seats. Thus, you loose a lot of storage and hauling room. My old LC you could remove the seats in 2 minutes. There is no way to remove the 2009 seats. Toyota, what were you thinking? I haul skis, golf clubs, luggage, go to Costco, etc. I think most owners are like me and very rarely have passengers in the cramped 3rd row (made for kids). This makes no sense.
Favorite Features
Engine and 6 speed transmission. Nav system screen--bigger than my old LC, harder to use--250+ page book. 4 zones for HVAC are nice. Adjustable seat heaters are very good. DVD is good, but screen blocks rear view. Need to be able to look out rear. Backup camera in nav screen.
Suggested Improvements
See above for interior--it is an ugly color combination. 2009 Lexus has a light tan interior. The LC is a great vehicle except for the POOR interior design. Also third row seats can't be removed. No HID lights for Toyota's "Flag Ship". Dunlop tires on a $70K vehicle? How about Michelin