2008 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.7L V8 4x4 6-speed Automatic - (14 reviews )
The beast!
By wjb on 11/18/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This vehicle has far exceeded my expectations. It's sold as a rock. I feel sorry for anyone who gets into an accident with the vehicle as you would surely be the loser. It was made for inclement weather.

The best of its class
By Alex on 08/11/10 18:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Despite the issues we have with our truck, it is the best track in its class as far as exterior design, power and the way it drives - there is no other vehicle that I could compare LC200 to; The issues we had/have are the drive shaft that had to be replaced because it was factory or design defect (even this particular vehicle was built in Japan). Secondly, I already replaced the belt: around 20,000 miles it started making a noise; thirdly every other time I lift this truck to rotate tires (I like to do a simple maintenance myself), after I need to take it to the dealer to recalibrate suspension as it starts lining to the right. Other than that it's perfect!

The Beast
By WB on 11/03/09 16:44 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I just returned from a trip and drove 75-80mph 90% of the time and got 19.74 MPG! I was over 20 mpg for a while. I didn't believe the electronic readout that showed 19.4 when I stopped for fuel as the low fuel light had come on, I used 19 gals of fuel and still had 6 gals left and put 380 miles on it and I could've gone nearly 500 miles on a tank - WOW. Around town I get around 14-15 MPG. But it weighs nearly 3 tons. This thing is solid and the vehicle I'd want to be in an accident in. I'd feel sorry for the other guy.

Best SUV I ever had
By Phil Wilson on 12/02/08 19:27 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 3rd LC and so far this is the best and most powerful of the three.its fun to drive and my wife approves it to be the best of the LC I have own. I had an 05, 06 . It is well built and solid. I will go on a long trip anytime with this vehicle.

Literally Rock Solid
By KJB on 09/10/08 01:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I now understand the reviewers that describe this SUV as being carved out of a single slab of granite. You have to drive one to experience it. Every handle, button, lever feels precise, solid, and overengineered to perfection. The powertrain makes this land crusher incredibly fun to drive. The vehicle just oozes quality and has all the latest electronic gizmos to boot. It's not for everyone but if you can appreciate quality over quality and your know what this vehicle is made to do then you cannot go wrong with the TLC.

Nice SUV
By Mark Slepicka on 08/21/08 15:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Stable on road and off with plenty of power and braking. Would like to see front console cup holder lighting for night time driving and overhead spotlight buttons lit also. I am getting 17.2 mpg city/hwy combined using premium. exterior sheet metal seems to be a little thin. I started to notice a clunk from the rear when starting from a dead stop and also when coming to a stop. I went to my Toyota dealer and found out a (TSB) Technical Service Bulletin was issued on this problem. The fix was to replace the drive shaft under drivetrain warranty at no cost. After replacement of shaft i have had no further problem. Overall the new Land Cruiser is solid and performs well!

Solid
By Handles Great on 04/20/08 14:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Has enough room for all of us. Plenty of luxury for the kids.

A true "Flagship"
By Luckyone on 01/05/08 08:31 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

My experience with this vehicle is limited (500 miles), however what a great, powerful, solid, comfortable, well-built, technologicially superior, cutting edge, handsome "BEAST". Toyota improved on not only the previous generation, but other leading all-wheel drive brands that I examined. I'm very satisfied with the vehicle so far.

Impressive
By octav on 12/25/07 09:00 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

All I can hope is to have the time to experience all the capability of this truck. Within a day of the purchase, I found myself planning trips that I hadn't been on since I sold my Tacoma 4x4 in 2001. This is a huge truck that drives impeccably. The fit and finish is superb. The kids love the rear seat entertainment system.

Love my new 2008 LC
By bulabarry on 12/06/07 19:59 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Traded in my 2000 LC for 2008 LC. I also own a 2004 LC. I like everything about the 08 LC (including the new design). I tow a large boat that was a problem for my 2000 LC - not a problem with the 08! The 08 has better power, handling, off-road capabilities, more rugged, really sharp looking interior (and exterior). To me the 08 is worth every penny.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.