Used 2008 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.7L V8 4x4 6-speed Automatic - (14 reviews )

The beast!
By wjb

2008 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This vehicle has far exceeded my expectations. It's sold as a rock. I feel sorry for anyone who gets into an accident with the vehicle as you would surely be the loser. It was made for inclement weather.

Safety, its the complete package. feels like a military capable machine.

Power lift gate and disappearing 3rd row seating when extra room is needed. Side molding standard.

The best of its class
By Alex

2008 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Despite the issues we have with our truck, it is the best track in its class as far as exterior design, power and the way it drives - there is no other vehicle that I could compare LC200 to; The issues we had/have are the drive shaft that had to be replaced because it was factory or design defect (even this particular vehicle was built in Japan). Secondly, I already replaced the belt: around 20,000 miles it started making a noise; thirdly every other time I lift this truck to rotate tires (I like to do a simple maintenance myself), after I need to take it to the dealer to recalibrate suspension as it starts lining to the right. Other than that it's perfect!

not sure if that has already been fixed in newer models, but they need to fix problems I describe above. Also for this price I would except a lot more cool features.

The Beast
By WB

2008 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I just returned from a trip and drove 75-80mph 90% of the time and got 19.74 MPG! I was over 20 mpg for a while. I didn't believe the electronic readout that showed 19.4 when I stopped for fuel as the low fuel light had come on, I used 19 gals of fuel and still had 6 gals left and put 380 miles on it and I could've gone nearly 500 miles on a tank - WOW. Around town I get around 14-15 MPG. But it weighs nearly 3 tons. This thing is solid and the vehicle I'd want to be in an accident in. I'd feel sorry for the other guy.

Solid, quiet, Nav system, 4 Zone A/C, Heated rear seats and entertainment center.

Take 3 row seats out if needed.

Best SUV I ever had
By Phil Wilson

2008 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 3rd LC and so far this is the best and most powerful of the three.its fun to drive and my wife approves it to be the best of the LC I have own. I had an 05, 06 . It is well built and solid. I will go on a long trip anytime with this vehicle.

Smart key, remote start, DVD/nav. and very quiet ride instrumentation are great and easy to read, blue tooth is wonderful.

Privacy windows, adjustable suspension,laser cruise control and for the price we paid, it should come with power 3rd seat and power rear door.

Literally Rock Solid
By KJB

2008 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I now understand the reviewers that describe this SUV as being carved out of a single slab of granite. You have to drive one to experience it. Every handle, button, lever feels precise, solid, and overengineered to perfection. The powertrain makes this land crusher incredibly fun to drive. The vehicle just oozes quality and has all the latest electronic gizmos to boot. It's not for everyone but if you can appreciate quality over quality and your know what this vehicle is made to do then you cannot go wrong with the TLC.

power train, smart key, the smooth suspension, KDSS, crawl control

add laser cruise control, privacy glass, and include body side moldings