Great for Duck Hunting
By pjatty on
2007 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
After owning a 1999 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4 (which is a truely excellent mid-size SUV), I decided to splurge and buy the 2007 Toyota LandCruiser. Yes, it was alot of money, but it is great. I duck hunt with a group of friends and whenever it rains we leave their Suburbans at home because we know only my LC will make it through the mud and muck. Also, the clam shell trunk is great; sit on the fold down half to put on waders, while the fold up half provides shelter from the rain. I took off the running boards and ditched the 3rd row seats (which are worthless) to improve off-road ability and create more storage. Got stuck only once because I forgot how to lock the differential. Duh... Great SUV
Favorite Features
-Great 4x4 with locking differentials. -Relatively short wheelbase so it doesn't high-center like a Suburban. -Refined/comfortable ride, unlike a Tahoe. -Powerful engine. -Clam shell style rear door (see above). -Power windows that go UP with a touch. -Visibility. -Big, but easy to park. -Decent towing (with brake booster added). -Extremely reliable (unlike any Chevy, Ford, MB, Jeep, etc.). -Haven't had ANYTHING break after 4 years (knock on wood). -Good navigation system.
Suggested Improvements
-Allow access to "Destination" function of navigation system while moving (since some folks have co-pilots). -Ditch the 3rd row seats. -Ditch the CD-changer and cassette player, replacing with iPod charger/connection and single CD in-dash player. -Raise ground clearance. -Ditch the visor safety warnings and replace with instructions on how to operate the transmission to its maximum capabilities. -Sell with optional front winch.