2007 Toyota Land Cruiser - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (8 reviews )
Great for Duck Hunting
By pjatty on 05/15/11 11:14 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After owning a 1999 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4 (which is a truely excellent mid-size SUV), I decided to splurge and buy the 2007 Toyota LandCruiser. Yes, it was alot of money, but it is great. I duck hunt with a group of friends and whenever it rains we leave their Suburbans at home because we know only my LC will make it through the mud and muck. Also, the clam shell trunk is great; sit on the fold down half to put on waders, while the fold up half provides shelter from the rain. I took off the running boards and ditched the 3rd row seats (which are worthless) to improve off-road ability and create more storage. Got stuck only once because I forgot how to lock the differential. Duh... Great SUV

2007 Land Cruiser
By Dan on 05/05/10 16:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is our first Land Cruiser and we truly love it. The quality of this vehicle is amazing. We feel very safe driving it. While the gas mileage is nothing to brag about, the Land Cruiser offers so much more...luxury with flawless quality and dependability.

Back to Basics
By Perfect for MT on 02/07/08 19:49 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

A solid, reliable, comfortable vehicle that, while missing some of the fluff of similar vehicles, does everything pretty well. No electric parking brake, a simple key, a cable controlled shift lever, hydraulic suspension... simple controls that do the job, and enhance reliability. I've owned Range Rover, X5, and Cayenne, and it was nice to get back to basics. Hope the new one doesn't succumb to electronic complication.

$64,000 Question
By Russell on 05/17/07 19:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

$64,000 was the price and I question why I layed down that much money for this vehicle. It is nice, don't get me wrong, but not even close to nice enough for this price...drove well in 10 minute test drive but wearing on my sense of value now after 7 months. Many missing features previously mentioned by other reviewers. Gas mileage is well below advertised range. Toyota should be embarassed to charge this much for this vehicle.

Depends on What You Need
By 2nd Timer on 04/26/07 17:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

2nd LC. Traded 99 with 250K trouble free miles. Only repair was overpriced starter replacement. Previous LC saw blizzards and ice storms; routinely driven for hours in 115 degree desert. Not afraid to drive on forest roads where no other vehicles seen for hours at a time. Good vehicle for hauling lots of stuff. Great for seeing country from freeway and remote locations - not so great for being seen in trendy fashion. A bit overpriced - due in part to air suspension and navigation system. Bought 2007 because concerned new model will be more upscale. Ride is smooth and quiet for this type of vehicle. Had 2 4-Runners - LC has same reliability, more room.

Mixed Feelings
By Thomas on 04/21/07 19:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I did a lot of resaearch and was awed by the reliability ratings of this vehicle and the reputation. I bought it based on these attributes but now I feel like I left a lot on the table in terms of style and features compaed to other similar vehicles. Some specifics that I miss in this suv versus my last one (and others I consdiered): -No Dual climate control -No Heated rear seats -Unattractive exterior styling -Handles poorly...lots of sway -Sound system poor especially when driving with windows open -No rain sense wipers -Big and bulky...not precise -A lot of plastic trim -No in dash cd changer -no auto dimming outside rear view mirrors

Good as Usual
By Town Toyota on 04/17/07 17:06 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Reliable, excellent ride on and off the highway. Fine balance in very windy conditions. This is our sixth LC. While little is new about it, it still has two basic qualities that mean everything - a good ride and reliablity. No mechanical problems.

Over priced Behemoth
By Hunter on 04/01/07 18:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Poor value. All other $60K SUV offering have left this one in thier dust. "Luxury Not" when comparing vehicles: rubber and plasic abound in this vehicle interior, missing many interior features available on other SUVs, has significant body roll and "floats" on highway. Unless you are planning an off road vacation to the Baja spend your money elsewhere. Reliabile YES and put together well, but after that do not expect a lot.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.