Truly the best 4x4xFar
By zad329 on
2006 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
My family has owned six (6!) Land Cruisers over the years, but I was the black sheep who strayed and purchased a Range Rover. The Rover was gorgeous, and a very able 4x4, but the thing was incredibly unreliable. When repairs were needed (which was often) the bills were frequently more than $1000-$2000. Long story short, I wised up, sold the Rover and bought an '06 Land Cruiser. There's a reason the UN owns 12,000 Land Cruisers: you can't kill 'em. This vehicle is, by far, the most reliable & able SUV in the world. I am the prodigal son who returned, and the LC is where I'm going to stay. After all, my Mom's '99 LC just hit 300,000 miles; she's shooting for 1,000,000. Stay tuned.
Favorite Features
Marvelous suspension, classic styling, reliability, confidence that I can go anywhere, anytime, in as safe a manner as possible. I trust the Land Cruiser (and its side curtain airbags) with my family.
Suggested Improvements
$64,000 sticker price and no memory settings on the power seats. Don't get me wrong, the car is worth every bit of the sticker price when its new, but dang-it, I want the seats to remember my setting!