2006 LC
By LC on
2006 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
Every time I get in a drive this truck, I love being in it. This truck is smooth! Acceleration. Braking. Turning. Quiet. More than I hoped for. The 275 hp engine responds well at any speed. 7.83 zero to 60. Very comfortable. Decent gas mileage. 17 to 19 MPG. Best when driven 55 to 60. At 65 to 75 it gets 17. I'm 6'2+" 210. I can drive this for hours and not get sore. Just drove it through 15" of snow in our pastures in the beautiful Western Mountains of Maine, easy as a drive around the farm in summer. Impressive. I choose the '06 because of the 275 horse engine. Better acceleration than the 235 hp for earlier years.
Favorite Features
This truck is made for driver and passengers: smooth and comfortable. Great visibility. Sound system is sweet! Bluetooth very handy. Love the drop down tailgate. Solid. Cabin warms qickly in our already negative temps last weekend. Weather in Maine last year was 50 degrees at this time.
Suggested Improvements
Toyota and very other auto maker should spend less time and money on gadgets and more on fuel efficiency. I'm a map guy, so nav systems are a waste of money, and no of use navigating the dirt roads in the mountains of Maine. Better rear cupholder would be nice. Separate rear radio/CD controls.