2006 Toyota Land Cruiser 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews 2

2006 Toyota Land Cruiser - Consumer Reviews

Base 4dr SUV (4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (24 reviews )
Wish my '99 Range Rover had been Cruiser
By Joe on 08/25/06 09:51 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Refined, quite, smooth and powerful. Supberb fit and finish. Excellent on interstate or pot holes. Confidence inspiring brakes and excelleration. I have owned 4-wheel Ford Exploirer and all-time-4 Range Rover. They were both older and both may be technically superior today, but I cannot imagine loving any vehicle like my Cruiser

Best SUV
By runski on 08/15/06 12:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Quieter than my Subaru Outback, Honda Civic and my Cherokee. Superb built interior/exterior. Examined underneath, almost every component is massive and solid. Fitting is tight. If you are contemplating buying one, just do it, you will not regret it.

gald I got it
By Spot on 07/07/06 11:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Drives like a dream. It's so tight and well made. Tranny is smooth and engine is quiet.

As good as it gets?
By Pete on 06/29/06 21:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Well worth the price of admission. Compliments from everyone who sees and rides in it. This is my 4th Cruiser and they still are the best actually still made in Japan SUV out there. I've owned 41 vehicles in 22 years and this is the finest overall one yet for its intended purpose.

This is the one!
By Loren Mccoy on 03/14/06 19:28 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Having owned numerous cars and SUVs and driven countless trucks, I can tell you that if you can afford it, this is the SUV to buy. It skips the phony glam of the lexus LX470 and delivers what Toyota delivers best: a no nonsense product with all of the comfort and capability one could want. It drives great on the highway, and if you can get it stuck off-road, you should not be driving off-road. The Toyota Land Cruiser seems to have more interior room than a Chevy Tahoe. It certainly has a cache that only Land Rover can match, and its reliability is better than anything else out there; but if something does go wrong, it is so easy to just drive down to your neighborhood Toyota dealership.

Its a good buy
By Jassim on 03/02/06 09:36 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The Toyota Land Cruiser is one fun car to drive. I just recently purchased one and i could not be happier about my decision.

Haven't Driven It Much
By Frank on 02/08/06 15:36 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have always wanted a Land Cruiser but never really had the need for a big SUV. I drove into a Toyota dealership with a friend, saw the only Cruiser they had on the lot and had to have it right then and there. It was beautiful and fully loaded. Now that I had a place in the mountains, I actually needed this thing. We use it to drive in the mountains and to and from our home in Florida.

Everything but sporty
By jennal on 02/02/06 22:14 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Wanted an SUV worthy of buying instead of leasing. Something I could and like to drive for 15 years +. Wanted a Land Cruiser for a while, now I own one, and love it. The truck feels solid , tight, and precise. Decent power, very quiet. looks very nice ( not over the top, but not too plain) . Very thirsty but knew that when I bought it.

Solid SUV
By jeff on 11/12/05 03:13 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Wanted a solid, go anywhere SUV that had no weaknesses and was reliable. The Land Cruiser fits that bill. Have taken off road and has handled admirably. Smooth on road. No significant reliablility issues. Considered Land Rover products, but had concerns over reliablility. New V8 gives good acceleration for this class of vehicle.

New 2006 LC
By jennalex on 11/04/05 16:04 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We drove it all, but nothing came close to the fit and finish of the Land Cruiser.The ride and handling are superb, not to mention the reliability and durability. The LC now has more hp (275). This SUV is smooth, quiet, and solid. If you can swing the price, go for it. Sure, other SUVs may have a little more room, but none have the quality.