Used 2006 Toyota Land Cruiser Base SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (24 reviews )

Truly the best 4x4xFar
By zad329

2006 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My family has owned six (6!) Land Cruisers over the years, but I was the black sheep who strayed and purchased a Range Rover. The Rover was gorgeous, and a very able 4x4, but the thing was incredibly unreliable. When repairs were needed (which was often) the bills were frequently more than $1000-$2000. Long story short, I wised up, sold the Rover and bought an '06 Land Cruiser. There's a reason the UN owns 12,000 Land Cruisers: you can't kill 'em. This vehicle is, by far, the most reliable & able SUV in the world. I am the prodigal son who returned, and the LC is where I'm going to stay. After all, my Mom's '99 LC just hit 300,000 miles; she's shooting for 1,000,000. Stay tuned.

Marvelous suspension, classic styling, reliability, confidence that I can go anywhere, anytime, in as safe a manner as possible. I trust the Land Cruiser (and its side curtain airbags) with my family.

$64,000 sticker price and no memory settings on the power seats. Don't get me wrong, the car is worth every bit of the sticker price when its new, but dang-it, I want the seats to remember my setting!

World Class
By Joe

2006 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great roadability: steering brakes suspension. Great performance and acceleration. Only problem experienced is squeak in dash. Overall quality exceptional. I am completely secure in this vehicle in any terrain in any weather whether highway or outback. Nothing beats world class.

Real tailgate, adjustable shocks and suspension height, all time 4 wheel drive. I go over/on top of anything reasonable without having to engage a 4 wheel drive system.

Sound system needs serious help. Memory seats should be added. Radio antenna is on right and hits branches on the trail. Move to left or eliminate. Power-to-flush side view mirrors would be appreciated.

Solid value
By Carl

2006 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This SUV feels like it will run forever. Many people would like to see Toyota spruce the LC exterior up but you should look to purchase the lexus470 if that's more important to you. We love the rugged exterior and simple elegant, durable interior. Beautiful ride. Tight turning radius. Mileage is 15.5 overall so far for blend of city/hwy. The rear compartment could be bigger and the window controls on the driver's side requires your left wrist be double-jointed, but otherwise very pleased.

Dashboard, auto shift in enter, nav system.

Fold flat 3rd row seat. Another inch or two of front legroom without sacrificing any in back 2nd row.

Like it But!!!
By pirate

2006 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We purchased this truck and sold my s430 Mercedes for the space. My husband hates the navigation. If you're driving you cannot use the nav. You have to pull over and type in the address you need. What a joke that has become. The second problem is the brakes. Since I have purchased this truck I have had on a had on and off squeaky brakes. Dealer blames it on dust. Nothing is better than pulling up and the loud brake squeak comes with your stop. We all know these trucks suck gas. I do love the comfort and the room. My kids like the dvd system. I have had no problems with the air. This truck is a 7 in my book.

Very comfortable

Brakes not so good, navigation system needs help, manual is terrible.

Best SUV on the road
By Bill

2006 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great car, no issues. Have owned the car for 2k miles and love every drive I take.

Reliability, interior, smooth ride, nostagalic style.

no complaints