2006 Toyota Land Cruiser - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (24 reviews )
Truly the best 4x4xFar
By zad329 on 02/10/13 12:35 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My family has owned six (6!) Land Cruisers over the years, but I was the black sheep who strayed and purchased a Range Rover. The Rover was gorgeous, and a very able 4x4, but the thing was incredibly unreliable. When repairs were needed (which was often) the bills were frequently more than $1000-$2000. Long story short, I wised up, sold the Rover and bought an '06 Land Cruiser. There's a reason the UN owns 12,000 Land Cruisers: you can't kill 'em. This vehicle is, by far, the most reliable & able SUV in the world. I am the prodigal son who returned, and the LC is where I'm going to stay. After all, my Mom's '99 LC just hit 300,000 miles; she's shooting for 1,000,000. Stay tuned.

World Class
By Joe on 12/10/08 14:29 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great roadability: steering brakes suspension. Great performance and acceleration. Only problem experienced is squeak in dash. Overall quality exceptional. I am completely secure in this vehicle in any terrain in any weather whether highway or outback. Nothing beats world class.

Solid value
By Carl on 09/28/08 09:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This SUV feels like it will run forever. Many people would like to see Toyota spruce the LC exterior up but you should look to purchase the lexus470 if that's more important to you. We love the rugged exterior and simple elegant, durable interior. Beautiful ride. Tight turning radius. Mileage is 15.5 overall so far for blend of city/hwy. The rear compartment could be bigger and the window controls on the driver's side requires your left wrist be double-jointed, but otherwise very pleased.

Like it But!!!
By pirate on 09/08/08 11:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We purchased this truck and sold my s430 Mercedes for the space. My husband hates the navigation. If you're driving you cannot use the nav. You have to pull over and type in the address you need. What a joke that has become. The second problem is the brakes. Since I have purchased this truck I have had on a had on and off squeaky brakes. Dealer blames it on dust. Nothing is better than pulling up and the loud brake squeak comes with your stop. We all know these trucks suck gas. I do love the comfort and the room. My kids like the dvd system. I have had no problems with the air. This truck is a 7 in my book.

Best SUV on the road
By Bill on 06/20/08 11:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great car, no issues. Have owned the car for 2k miles and love every drive I take.

2006 LC
By LC on 12/20/07 18:20 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Every time I get in a drive this truck, I love being in it. This truck is smooth! Acceleration. Braking. Turning. Quiet. More than I hoped for. The 275 hp engine responds well at any speed. 7.83 zero to 60. Very comfortable. Decent gas mileage. 17 to 19 MPG. Best when driven 55 to 60. At 65 to 75 it gets 17. I'm 6'2+" 210. I can drive this for hours and not get sore. Just drove it through 15" of snow in our pastures in the beautiful Western Mountains of Maine, easy as a drive around the farm in summer. Impressive. I choose the '06 because of the 275 horse engine. Better acceleration than the 235 hp for earlier years.

Land cruiser
By western6 on 04/07/07 11:01 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have a Mercedes S class, my wife's Land Cruiser is better built and rides nicer! It does have its problems, climate control does not work well. You can't control the rear climate from the front seat and it could use more power.

Happy but disappointed
By PC on 02/26/07 07:13 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Overall generally pleased with this vehicle and hope it is as reliable as everyone says, but... After driving for a few months I am disappointed in the lack of some basic features one would expect in a $60K luxury SUV. Very basic and bland vehicle and becoming extremely dated in its offering. I have nicknamed it the dinosaur.

Libra
By Alfonso on 11/29/06 05:34 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased the long bodied 8-seater and although this car is no beauty to look at, it is the best car I've ever owned, and most certainly the best of my SUVs. Because it is a diesel powered car, the fuel consumption is much better than the gas models. It has great stability and efficiently corrects any tendency to sway in speedy curves. Design is extremely sturdy and strong but heavy acceleration is remarkably good. Service prices are quite reasonable. Rational design allows for very fast service and time/mileage between required service is highly competitive.

nothing like it
By Marilynn English on 10/01/06 19:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have a 2002 Landcruiser and absolutely love it. Traded my 2000 4 Runner for a2005 BMW X5. Turned in under the lemon law...fuel gauge never worked properly and it just stopped one day...BMW gave me a 2006 version but I could never get comfortable with it and kept watching to see if it would light up...check engine soon. After only 3,000 miles, I went back to Toyota and another Landcruiser. It is great on long trips, handles like a dream and have had absolutely no problems with my 2002 model. Reliability is number one to me being a single female.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.